Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Winning Sessions %

My winning sessions % is at around 50% infact on some of my DB its well under 50% although I might be winning at a decent rate anyone care to comment if this is something to be concerned with. I don't know what to put it down to...I do table hop a bit but I can't imagine this would effect it too much? For example of my small return to 5/10SH (only 2k hands) i'm at 2.31BB/100 however i've only had 42.22% winning sessions or at party 1/2 I had 20k hands logged with 4BB/100 WR with <50% winning sessions.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Winning Sessions %

im showing similar numbers, 3bb/100 at party and 50% winning sessions
Old 10-17-2004, 10:16 AM

Rake.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:26 AM

You likely are more apt to leave the table and find another if you are losing. This leads to having more small losing sessions while your winning sessions tend to be longer. I would guess if you totaled the hours/hands played durring winning sessions and compared to those playered in losing sessions the winning number would be higher even if you have a 50% (or worse) session win rate.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:30 PM

Indeed, this debate has raged before. I think individualk table-sessions is not much of a guide, a session should be just that, start-time to end-time. Or by day.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:13 PM

I was just thinking about this -- over 7k hands at 5/10 I'm up over 3BB/100, but only 40 winning sessions out of 80. I am much more inclined to table-switch than I used to be, that might have something to do about it.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:30 PM

your numbers seem awefully low to me, and i've had a fairly brutal past month or so. went from winning % of 63 if i recall, to now at 55%.

i rarely switch tables no matter what type of session i'm having in regards to winning/losing. am i missing out on something? i just always thought it was a bit superstitious to move just because you lost a few or are getting poor cards.

cheers!
Old 10-17-2004, 04:40 PM

I used to stick around, but I've recently started leaving if I lose 30BBs or so, unless I have a really solid read of the table and know its becasue I keep getting smashed by 2-3 outers. Basically if I am losing at a passive table I will tend to stick around, if the table is aggressive I tend to be more apt to leave since they are more likely to start bluffing you out of pots.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to stick around, but I've recently started leaving if I lose 30BBs or so

[/ QUOTE ]

at one table in one session? this has only happened to me one time, though 20BB loss is not terribly uncommon.

if you don't mind me asking, what are the usual causes, as you look back on a big losing session like that. i find that i'm losing to a LOT of dominated Aces to 2-pair, and of course your run of the mill rivered straights/flushes. also, hands like JJ unimproved, KK if an Ace falls(i keep betting, am usually never raised only to find opponent was just playing it weakly. of course, there are more sessions than i care to admit that were losing sessions because of my own poor play, or at least bigger losers than they needed to be.

cheers!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:40 PM

Unless you actively table switch a whole lot, I think the largest factor that for %win sessions (assuming winning play) is the length of the sessions you play.

For example, if most of your sessions are ~100 hands, and your true win rate is 2BB/100 with an SD of 17BB/100, then over the long run you can expect to win about about 53-55% of your sessions, all else being equal.
I'm a bit lazy to do the stats, but it should be obvious that the mean session will be +2BB, with the 95% conf. inv. between -32 and +36 BB.