Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Pokertracker load time

How long does it take you guy sto load pokertracker to get your stats? Like when you click ring stats, how long after that til they come up. Thanks. It seems mine takes forever.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Pokertracker load time

less than 30 seconds for my current one with 150k hands. compacting the db and defragging helps. most of the time i just look at the current month, and that loads very quickly.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:12 PM

dang, i guess i need to defrag, even when I compact it doesnt really help. My computer is 4 yrs old though, only 733 MHZ, maybe its just old, its tough for it to run 3 monitors and all the games I've got going.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:37 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

hard drive speed should make a material difference too. i've got a 2.8ghz p4, a 10k raptor hard drive, and 1gb of ram
Old 10-15-2004, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hard drive speed should make a material difference too. i've got a 2.8ghz p4, a 10k raptor hard drive, and 1gb of ram

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a pretty good setup, i think i need to upgrade soon too...
Old 10-14-2004, 02:20 AM

Ye gods, that 733 was outdated when you bought it four years ago, bud. You're overdue for an upgrade big time. No wonder you're having problems.

I'd bet your RAM isn't very high.

When a program handles a lot of data, the best thing is if it can slap it all into memory, or as much as possible. If not, it has to write to your hard disk which is like 10,000 times slower, no kidding. If you want to handle things like Pokertracker moving numbers around and compressing files and then rewriting them, a little RAM would probably make a big difference.

On computers that old, though, you sometimes get problems adding much RAM.

You're just overdue for an upgrade. You can get one much better than yours without spending much money at all.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:06 PM

hey Matt, how do you run 3 moniters. I didn't relize it was possible but would definatly like to if I can.

Steve
Old 10-14-2004, 04:28 PM

I have a dual output AGP card and then another PCI card for the 3rd monitor. Its pretty simple.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:09 PM

I have the dual then tried hooking a third moniter to the original spot on the back of the pc and it didn't work so I figured you couldn't. Gave up to easy I guess. So, pretend like I'm dumb, what kinda card do I need?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dang, i guess i need to defrag, even when I compact it doesnt really help. My computer is 4 yrs old though, only 733 MHZ, maybe its just old, its tough for it to run 3 monitors and all the games I've got going.

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly thought i was the ONLY one running on 3 monitors ... guess i am not the only 10-tabler either... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]