Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 11:57 PM

Default No Limit games at the Bike?

Anyone know what sort of NL games they spread at the Bike? I'm looking for things like min/max buy-in, blinds, anything else you can offer up about them.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-03-2004, 06:01 AM

Default Re: No Limit games at the Bike?

Mike,

I'm one of the no limit hosts at the Bike (part time, Monday and Tuesday days and Saturday nights). When I left tonight at 2:00 am we had seven no limit games.

We have games starting every day around 10:30 am and extending deep into the night (lately often going 24/7). Most weekdays we end up with about five or six games and weekends we peak at about eight games (more with the tournaments).

The main games are the restricted buy in games. The smaller game features a $100 buy in with $2 and $3 blinds. You can bring your stack up to $150 any time you have $50 or less. The bigger game is a $200 buy in game with $3 and $5 blinds. The re-buy rules are double that of the $100 game. Both games have plenty of action, a jackpot, and the best collection in Los Angeles along with $3 per hour cash back player rewards (sort of a frequent flyer program for poker players) for every hour over 25 hours played in a calendar month. If you don't play over 25 hours you can use the hours for free meals.

The $500 minimum buy in game is now going just about every day starting around 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. This game has $5 and $10 blinds and a comfortable spot near the main board in our new eight table no limit section. With the unrestricted buy in, I'd say this game is about six times bigger than the $200 game.

Hope this helps.

~ Rick