Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Things that annoy the hell out of me

The term "rounder"

The only bug party has ever actually fixed is the one bug that was +EV (the waiting list bug)

People who cruise in the passing lane

The "greeters" at the front of the store. Lemme the fuk alone so I can go buy stuff, I dont want to have to be forced to say "hi" to you, and I dont want to feel like a dick when I don't.

Guys who act like they think babies are cute just because a female is present

Listening to phil helmuth talk

Being called a shill

Anything low carb

When "ben stiller" and "comedian" are used in the same sentance

Celebrity Poker

The cashier who snorts under her breath when she scans my "Magnum" condoms. You don't know! and its +EV for when a hottie is in line behind me......bitch!

When people ask me if I'm a really good card counter

When people ask me if I worry my luck will run out

2-3day shipping that really takes 5 because they dont deliver on Sat or Sun

Picking out a watermelon that looks and "sounds" good, only to have it taste like crap

Losing my monster flopped full house to runner runner

Being reminded I have a little wiener everytime I get a new roll of toilet paper from under the sink, because there is 57 unused "magnum" boxes down there.

Did I mention Phil Helmuth already??

Its been a rough day at the tables, and I needed a vent. Feel free to add any things that annoy you
Old 09-01-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy the hell out of me

Hang in there Alobar! The snow-birds are gone for a while, not as many "cruisers" in the fast lane. No monsoons this year, and CA-AZ's games are great. AZ is great.

Can't help you on the damn greeters. Walmart was bad enough, what the hell are they doin at my Fry's grocery?

When is Classic going to pay my deposit bonus? Been a week.

Why does poker have to be so trendy now? I don't want to admit that I play anymore. It used to be cool, now I'm just one of a pack of would-be WSOP champs.

When am I going to make $10k a month again?

Why did the upgrades on my house cost $97K?

Why do my strawberries, blue berries and bananas go bad in three days?

Why oh why?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why does poker have to be so trendy now? I don't want to admit that I play anymore. It used to be cool, now I'm just one of a pack of would-be WSOP champs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

From now on when people are talking about poker that don't know I play poker I just like to ignore them, I'd rather not strike up some idiotic conversation and have to answer a bunch of their absurd questions.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all about this one as well.
Freaking annoying.

What do you do for a living??
I work on computers. or I work at home from my computer...are popular answers for me.

Playing at my local coffee-place can be a nightmare if I'm not sitting in the corner. All the usual questions from people I had no intention of striking up a conversation with in the first place.
Thankfully, there are many tables along the wall and I've learned my lesson about sitting in the middle or up at the bar.

The Wal-Mart greeter person has always disturbed me on many different levels (beyond the 'leave me the Fxxx alone and let me shop level').
Shouldn't they just be paying one less employee and lower the prices a bit?
Why do they find it necessary to institue this fake-friendliness bit?? (which I guess is no different than many other businesses.
Don't some of their greeters just seem really lonely?? It's almost more depressing to me than annoying.

Here's another one that may or may not resonate with some of you.....and it's coming up again:

Christmas Carols......I freaking HATE almost ALL X-mas carols. Can't get the damn songs out of your head and EVERYONE else around you seems to think they're so great and cheerful.
Guess what gang: I'm not a 'cynic' or a 'bad person' just because I don't like listening to the same crappy, redundant, annoying children's songs over and over and over again.

I could also say many of the same things about country music (at least today's country....Johnny Cash, George Jones, Patsy Cline is some good stuff).
I DJ'ed at a country-music station for a few months and almost had to take drastic measures to put myself out of my misery.
If someone ever calls me at home and requests Tim McGraw's 'Dont take the Girl' I will likely have some sort of Vietnam-type crazy-flashback.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:26 PM

arent greeters there to check your reciept to keep you from stealing?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM

That's true.
They do that too. Forgot about that.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
arent greeters there to check your reciept to keep you from stealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once walked out of the local Wal-Mart with an $800 HDTV. Yes, I had paid...receipt in my pocket. Just me and the TV on one of those flat rolling things leave the store. Did the greeter say anything? Of course he did....."Have a nice day sir"
Old 09-01-2004, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing at my local coffee-place can be a nightmare if I'm not sitting in the corner. All the usual questions from people I had no intention of striking up a conversation with in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try playing at an airport while waiting out a long layover. GAH! The conversation usually takes a left turn by me saying "Kindly leave me alone so I can lose my money in peace. Thanks."
Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Kindly leave me alone so I can lose my money in peace. Thanks."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to try that line. Thanks!!

I had a plumber come up to me (he was there to fix a pipe or something) and he mentioned that he was playing on party before he got the call.
He told me that playing 3 tables at the same time was really stupid. I need to focus on one table at a time if I want to get good enough to make it to the final-table of the World Series.
I said "Yeah....but I was just doing it to fool around"
"Trust me on this one.....why would you want to play more than 1 table?? You can't win that way."

I said "Well, time for a break." and headed off to the men's room
Old 09-01-2004, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christmas Carols......I freaking HATE almost ALL X-mas carols. Can't get the damn songs out of your head and EVERYONE else around you seems to think they're so great and cheerful.
Guess what gang: I'm not a 'cynic' or a 'bad person' just because I don't like listening to the same crappy, redundant, annoying children's songs over and over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

And not to mention earlier and earlier every freakin' year pretty soon it'll be friggin summer and we'll be listening to this shat!