Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Bob Dole Weighs In

Former Sen. Bob Dole, a World War II veteran and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, suggested Kerry apologize for his 1971 testimony to Congress about atrocities U.S. soldiers allegedly committed in Vietnam.

No need for the country to apologize for the atrocities, just Kerry for having the indecency to talk about them.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Bob Dole Weighs In

Then you should hate Kerry even more, for recently conceding that his representations were inaccurate and exagerrated.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:39 PM

Man, you need to watch what you are 'cutting' that stuff with. Why don't you put the pipe down for a day or two?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, you need to watch what you are 'cutting' that stuff with. Why don't you put the pipe down for a day or two?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe if I smoked the white woolie, I might start firing off posts so devoid of content, that I could use the same one in every argument and in every situation! And even imagine I was scoring points!

Aren't you the dumbass living in the alternate universe, where John Kerry has signed the form 180 to release his military records?

See that text that looks different? That's known as a "link," you should try using one in a post. Before you know it, you'll be writing all sorts of relevant tidbits!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:40 PM

I don't hate Kerry, so I won't hate him "even more." I don't hate Bush either. I may prefer one or the other to be president.

What inaccuracies and/or exaggerations would make what Dole said less objectionable? The fact that Kerry was probably in Cambodia later than Christmas rather than Christmas? What is he wasn't there at all?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What inaccuracies and/or exaggerations would make what Dole said less objectionable?

[/ QUOTE ]
John Kerry painted the other people in that picture with him as psycho war criminals. And they hate him for it. So he should apologize. Why is this hard to understand?

Vietnam vets have been looked down at with suspicion for 30 years, and now it's payback time.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM

He should apologize if they did not do what he said they did. If they did, shouldnt they apologize to the people of Vietnam?

I agree with you that Kerry's opponents look on this as payback time and that they hate him.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He should apologize if they did not do what he said they did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in Vietnam. But I have been here when Kerry has conceded that he may have exaggerated and misled. If they did do the things he originally said they did, and Kerry just backed down under pressure, then Kerry should apologize for running for President.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What inaccuracies and/or exaggerations would make what Dole said less objectionable?

[/ QUOTE ]
John Kerry painted the other people in that picture with him as psycho war criminals. And they hate him for it. So he should apologize. Why is this hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Kerry has no reason to apologize. Your statement that "John Kerry painted the other people in that picture with him as psycho war criminals" is very broad. Maybe some were psycho war criminals, but he did not put down any individual or group specifically (as your statement suggests). He painted pictures of atrocities that occurred, that's vastly different from painting the other people in that picture with him as "psycho war criminals."
Old 08-23-2004, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your statement that "John Kerry painted the other people in that picture with him as psycho war criminals" is very broad.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, actually my statement is very specific, referring to specific people in a specific picture. Though Kerry meant his description of his experience to be taken as representative of US soldiers in general. So you wouldn't be surprised if other US soldiers were bothered by him.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some were psycho war criminals, but he did not put down any individual or group specifically (as your statement suggests).

[/ QUOTE ]
What planet are you on? He absolutely did! He said the soldiers he served with were evil. And not just that, he said they were cowards who left a man behind, whereas he was brave. And he said that identifiable individuals in his chain of command, right up to Richard Nixon who wasn't even in office yet, ordered him to commit atrocities.

[ QUOTE ]
He painted pictures of atrocities that occurred, that's vastly different from painting the other people in that picture with him as "psycho war criminals."

[/ QUOTE ]
You're nuts. He even painted himself in that picture. He said he, himself committed war crimes!