Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 10:56 AM

Default ANSWERS NEEDED PLEASE

Might not be the corrent area, but I needed these answer fast, and I know this is the hardest hit area, so I am asking here.

I will be running a NO LIMIT TOURNEY today for a friend, and I had a few procedural questions. I don't have time to research the web, so I am asking here.

Betting:
1) All raises have to be at LEAST the size of the BB through the WHOLE OF THE HAND, right? Meaning that is the blinds are 50/100, all raises, on all streets, to the river, have to be at LEAST in 100 increments, right?

2) An ALL-IN that is not at LEAST 1/2 the size of the last bet, even if it is MORE THEN that last raise or bet, is NOT COUNTED as an active, reraise openning raise, correct? So a bet of 100, and an all in of 125 does not open betting up to a raise, so no one can raise unless they have never acted, or there was a raise and a reraise of thier last bet before the all-in acted.

Procedures:
1) When do you color up? When the smaller chips are no longer needed to complete the SB and all bets can also be covered without the use of the smaller chips? I would assume this comes at certain levels in the game, I just don't have the time to check this am.

2) What are the easiest and most fair way to handle the color-up? I have heard of the chip-race, but how is that done?

Anything else?:
1) Is there any other wierd rule that I might need to know that you guys have run into in a home tourney on a regular basis that I might want to know?

Thanks y'all for ALL AND ANY help you can be!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Sorry for any type-os or spelling errors -- I am in a supper hurry!)
Old 08-20-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: ANSWERS NEEDED PLEASE

full of typos, in the wrong place, in a hurry and a big old shouting title demanding a response...

that sure makes me wanna reply. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

try the Home Games forum...

the folks there will tell you to check out Home Poker Tourney. BE SURE to check the site out.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:02 PM

And you are running this for a friend? Why? He has no clue either?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 01:08 PM

As Razor said, you definitely get more replies in the HOME POKER forum and be sure to visit www.homepokertourney.com

Other than that,

All raises must be double the previous bet or raise....in other words, Pre-flop, if the BB is 100 (forced bet), the minimum raise be 100, making 200 to go. Post flop, if someone wishes to bet 150, then the next raise must be 150 more...300 to go. Same scenario, if someone bets 150 post flop, then someone raises it to 400 total, next raise must be 250 more (400-150) making it 750 to go.

Number 2 on betting sounds right, but I quickly read it.

Coloring Up: Whenever you want, you never HAVE to color up, if you don't want to. but, you can only color up when you no longer need that chip to meet a blind requirement. Let's say you use $1 (white), $5(red), $25(green) and $100 (black) chips...blinds start at 1/2 then 2/4, then 3/6 then 5/10, then 10/20, then 20/40, then 25/50 then 50/100 then 75/150, then 100/200 then 200/400, etc.

You could color up the whites to reds after the 3/6 level, then the reds to greens after the 20/40 level and greens to blacks after the 75/150 level.

IMO, the chip race is easiest..basically you color up 5 whites for 1 red. If a person has 7 whites, then he will participate in the chip race. Let's say after coloring up you have 3 extra reds that didn't get distributed. Everyone who contributed an extra white to the 3 reds get a card. The highest Card gets a red, then second high card gets a red, then third high card gets a red. If there is a tie in high cards at any point, first one dealt gets the first chip.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Thank you very very much!!! (and everyone else too ;o) n/m

n/m
Old 08-20-2004, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All raises must be double the previous bet or raise....in other words

[/ QUOTE ]

no they must be "equal" to the size of the previous bet or raise. you wouldn't believe how many times i've seen a game slowed down because someone opens for say 125 in a 25/50 round, and then some idiot raises to 200, and then some other idiot (often an experienced player even) claims that the 200 bet is illegal.

if the previous raise was 75, you must raise at least 75. so 50 to 125 ro 200 would be perfectly legal (and not double the previous bet).
Old 08-21-2004, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All raises must be double the previous bet or raise....in other words

[/ QUOTE ]

no they must be "equal" to the size of the previous bet or raise. you wouldn't believe how many times i've seen a game slowed down because someone opens for say 125 in a 25/50 round, and then some idiot raises to 200, and then some other idiot (often an experienced player even) claims that the 200 bet is illegal.

if the previous raise was 75, you must raise at least 75. so 50 to 125 ro 200 would be perfectly legal (and not double the previous bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you would certainly know more than I, but if this is an opening bet any round post-flop, doesn't the raise have to be double the bet?

Let's say the blinds are 25/50 and the opening bet is 125. Does the next bet have to be at least 175 to go (indicating a raise of 50) or 250, indicating a raise of 125?

Just seeking clarification for my own benefit.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say the blinds are 25/50 and the opening bet is 125. Does the next bet have to be at least 175 to go (indicating a raise of 50) or 250, indicating a raise of 125?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has to be at least 200. The original bet was 75 more than the blinds so your raise has to be at least 75 ore than the original bet. If the original bet was 100 more than the blinds than your raise would have to be at least 100 more than the original bet.

Husker
Old 08-22-2004, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has to be at least 200. The original bet was 75 more than the blinds so your raise has to be at least 75 ore than the original bet. If the original bet was 100 more than the blinds than your raise would have to be at least 100 more than the original bet.

Husker

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for correcting my error of 50 to 75, making it 200 total on the first raise.

Anyway, is this correct, Husker, it's not that I don't trust your judgement, I'd just prefer it from someone that I KNOW has played in a major land tournament (GotMilk, Stunner, and a few others). The reason why I say this is that since there is no forced bet postflop, I was under the assumption that a raise postflop had to be at least the amount of the initial bet, not the amount that it was over the Minimum.