Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Calling it down with bottom pair ace kicker

BB is a lag, otherwise I'd have never made the flop raise. I thought that I might be able to push CO off a better hand on the flop and I had outs if I couldn't. After the three bet I decided to call it down based on a previous hand where BB had led all the way with a six high. Am I out of my gourd here, or is this a decent play? As always, thanks for the constructive criticism.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>
Old 08-13-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Calling it down with bottom pair ace kicker

Being the first one in, I probably would have raised or folded. You really want to hit a flush with A x suited and there weren't enough players in the pot to really justify making the attempt. A raise before the flop may help you win the pot in a later round with a less than premium hand.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:06 PM

I fold on the flop. Pots too small to really get involved with a weak hand and lots of ways to lose.

Getting people to play out of their normal game is how LAGs make their money.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold on the flop. Pots too small to really get involved with a weak hand and lots of ways to lose.

Getting people to play out of their normal game is how LAGs make their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? It's 8-1 on the call and I've got about that good of a chance to make two pair or better by the river. This guy had been showing down some real garbage.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:14 PM

Ya really, fold the flop. Bottom pair, none of your suit on the board, dont fight with a LAG just because hes a LAG. Thats what he wants.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:28 PM

I double checked this one in SSHE and you guys are right. I should have folded the flop if not preflop. I actually took this one down, but I guess I shouldn't have played it without at least a backdoor draw. He had something truly awful though.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:50 PM

If he is a complete nutjob (i.e. raising litterally any two and keeping it up postflop, I run into those types on occasion), then maybe your play is fine. Against your typical lag its usually best to wait for a better spot.