Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 06:45 PM

Default astroglide/ question for you

First I tried to look up your results playing the 6 table/3/6 but you must be the most prolific poster on this site. I gave up.
I have a basic question. Obviously playing 6 tables you don't have much time to think. How much of the time did you find yourself playing your cards vs the situation as opposed to reading your opponents? Did you jus tassume they were weak because you were playing 3-6? or did you also track info on the players. Als o how long did you do this?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: astroglide/ question for you

I don't know astroglide very well, but I'd be surprised if he continued humoring you after you all but covered your ears and started shouting "LALALA I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE YOU'RE ALL BAD POKER PLAYERS" in the Books forum.

I think he gave you the stats to shut you up.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: astroglide/ What a Crock of S**T here\'s why

Thanks for directing me to the stats. Are you guys complete morons????? Any scientist would laugh these stats off.
here is why: He played for 1 month! It doesnt matter if it is 100000 hands when you are able to play 350 or more hands per hour. It is the time that is significant.
what it boils down too is that he had a okay month, or if he was playing only 4 hours a day then 2 months.
I have had stretches of 5-8 months of over 1 bb bet per hour at normal rates of speed.
Seeing more hands per hour does not change the probabilities of the game.he is making less than 1 bb per hour i should point out. Also at 6 games you are risking significantly more money than at a standard 3-6 game/ 6 times as much. Whats the point here???
A one month result does not tell me the game can be beaten long term this way.
i was really hoping to see a 1 or 2 year result.

You guys think I'm some sort of idiot while you are having the wool pulled over your eyes. I have read recent posts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] by astroglide claiming that he would eat players for breakfast at 15-30 if they tried to move up. These kind of statements make me wonder if he actually grasps the true nature of how you win,LONGTERM at this game.
Go ahead and flame away boys and girls, you are being duped.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:57 PM

NICE!!!

You Win!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:06 PM

Please just let this die. Does it really matter that this person doesn't get it? It changes nothing. He is only wasting your time and he seems to be pretty good at it.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:24 PM

Haha, i was just going to write a reply, when I read your reply, NoChance.

I will comply with your request [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Since the 'important' people know what you're talking about).
Old 08-05-2004, 02:58 PM

We aren't being duped. Most of us are making that kind of money.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:04 PM

Dumbest poster ever.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesnt matter if it is 100000 hands when you are able to play 350 or more hands per hour. It is the time that is significant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, dude. I mean, wow.
Get yourself a statistics book, man. Even gabyyy doesn't say shiit this dumb.
So, if he was able to play 1,000,000 hands in one month, it wouldn't matter because it's only one month?
Oh [censored] it, never mind. Your a moron.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:20 PM

having the ability to play more hands per month doesnt answer the question unless you say that you are going to play until you make 50,000 and then stop playing. You get a grip mr stats. The point is, lets say that astroglide continues to play and not stop. You believe that he should have the same result as the first month every month. You are deluded sample size is relative . A lifetime used to be x number of hands. Now its changed because of this ability to play so many more hands, but since these hands arent coming from just 1 game, you arent really playing 3-6 are you. you are playing a much larger game collectively. so if you want to really break it down , you arent even playing 3-6 to begin with, its many times the size. if you happen to play 6 hands all at one time, how much are you risking? somewhere over 200.00 ? is that 3-6? no, so back the stats out to a single 3-6 game which comes out to $10.00 an hour. In order to make 50k at 3-6 at his win rate(which is very respectable) he has to play 96 hours a week.
now you go get your stats book my friend.