Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Lindgren\'s JJ Hand

Any comments on the play of this hand?

Ok, so he smoothcalls an early raise. Almost the whole table comes in. BB puts in a big raise.

Now, I know I can see the BB's cards on TV but doesn't it seem suspicious that an aggressive BB picks up a big hand with so many smoothcallers?

Just thought, it was a real good time to go all in. Chad Brown didn't portray real strength with his call.

Any comments?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Lindgren\'s JJ Hand

Obviously he played the hand poorly. Maybe he was trying to keep the pot small and play against the raiser. Little did he know the whole table would come in behind him. Then when the BB makes a raise, Lindgren must think he has a big hand because he is raising into 6 other players. So maybe he was playing the hand for set value. Who knows. But I do know he donked the hand pretty badly.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously he played the hand poorly. Maybe he was trying to keep the pot small and play against the raiser. Little did he know the whole table would come in behind him. Then when the BB makes a raise, Lindgren must think he has a big hand because he is raising into 6 other players. So maybe he was playing the hand for set value. Who knows. But I do know he donked the hand pretty badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

played the hand poorly??? the only thing poor is your understanding of tourtament play. jj isnt a big hand especially in early pos. he played it for to win a big pot or lose a blind or 2.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

played the hand poorly??? the only thing poor is your understanding of tourtament play. jj isnt a big hand especially in early pos. he played it for to win a big pot or lose a blind or 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, so I assume you are a weak-tightie that I see all the time. Flat call a raise, flat call a re-raise, fold on the flop, the hand was butchered. Now obviously there is some deception value in just calling, and he possibly was mixing it up. Now let say one of the amateur players made this play. Then we'd all be making fun of how weak-tight this play was. He needs to take the lead in the hand at some point. I agree all-in is a bad move, but he got himself in that spot because he did not re-raise the original raiser. I stand by my statement that he played the hand poorly, no matter how good of a player he is, he made a mistake, and I think he knew it.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Ding Ding Ding.. Dumb post of the day.. What do we have for him Johnny?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ding Ding Ding.. Dumb post of the day.. What do we have for him Johnny?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for syaing it before i had too.

sean d

just cause you suck and can't play jj past the flop doesnt mean erick cant. once again you only make this raise because you can see the hands or are an lesser skilled player looking for a coin flip.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM

what are the stack sizes and blinds and raise amounts for this hand? without that info theres no discussion.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:47 AM

I think blinds were 4k-8k. Chad Brown opens the pot for around 2xbb it looked like. Lindgren calls, as does 5 people after him. Henry Tran then makes it 40k more from the BB. Brown calls, as does Lindgren. The rest fold.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:27 PM

I was thinking it was a little strange that he didn't push as well. This was kind of early in the broadcast when he didn't have a lot of chips. He was probably planning on someone reraising and then he would push, but everyone limped to Tran. Once he raised and was called by Brown, the pot may have been too big for a push to get anyone off a hand.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking it was a little strange that he didn't push as well. This was kind of early in the broadcast when he didn't have a lot of chips. He was probably planning on someone reraising and then he would push, but everyone limped to Tran. Once he raised and was called by Brown, the pot may have been too big for a push to get anyone off a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt a party sng... he had plenty of bb and there is no reason to risk his whole tourt on jj in early pos. what if the raiser has a real hand, or a limper... game over(or a coin flip) he is a skilled playerand knew he could wait.