Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 03:05 AM

Default To all of you who are so upset by this...

You're all a bunch of babies. If you are in such need of rakeback to get by then maybe you shouldnt be playing poker for a living.

Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: To all of you who are so upset by this...

I'm glad you take pleasure in many of us receiving the pink slip today

if you worked at a job, and the boss just came in one day and said "for no reason at all we are going to cut your pay by 25%" I'm sure you would be pissed too.

This situation isn't that much different.

Very gay post, kudos

Ok, so say you had a job making $100,000/yr as a garbage man or whatever. Then your employer decided to reduce your pay by $30,000 (arbitrary #'s I'm not a pro anyway). You still might be able to get by but wouldn't it piss you off?

I mean, you're kidding right?
Old 10-09-2005, 03:12 AM

No, if you read what I said you'd understand that I was talking to those of you who are saying they can't make it as a pro without rakeback. (eg. the dude who replied that this was his "pink slip"). I assume the rest see this as a pay cut but not the end of their poker careers.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, if you read what I said you'd understand that I was talking to those of you who are saying they can't make it as a pro without rakeback. (eg. the dude who replied that this was his "pink slip"). I assume the rest see this as a pay cut but not the end of their poker careers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say this was my 'pink slip'. I made a statement to emphasize that now is the time to be sympathetic to many 2+2ers that lost a substantial amount of income. I don't think now is the time to be piling on them. Kind words...don't call them a bunch of babies and such. I Imagine many affiliates really got a kick in the nuts today. A business they spent many hours and resources on took a huge blow. Regular players took a beat as well.

Here is how it lays out for me. Of course, some of my business will stay on the skins. Some will move to other, rakeback friendly sites. The question is do I stay on party itself. The loss of rakeback is about 0.55BB/100hands for me. Multiply that by 50,000 hands/month. Bye bye 275 BB/month...3300BB/year... ouch. Obviously, a 0.55 BB/100 hands doesn't make the difference between me being a winning player and a losing player, but it does make my old job as an accountant a much more attractive offer.

I think for many, 3600 BB is a huge deal. Perhaps, the difference of making it for a living or not. They are not a bunch of babies for getting upset. They would be similarly upset with a rake hike. We are all at risk for this, and, IMCO, we should all stand up for players' rights on the sites. Our voices of protest might somehow reach the folks at party. Perhaps, they have a grand scheme that involves making us even more money than they already have by setting up such a beautiful ocean of fish (Yes, I still thank party for that and the resulting steady income). I know for certain that party needs a better way to communicate with its FREQUENT players. Prepare us. Show us a grand plan. Let us know how its bottom line will improve.

It seemed as though you were happy that 'less deserving' players would have to bite the bullet. Most of these players are a part of the community set up here for discussion of poker and contribute and/or lurk regularly. It seemed harsh to take such pleasure in their loss of rakeback.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:56 AM

The problem is you guys are just telling a Bad Beat Story. Who wants to listen to a bunch of poker players talking about their bad beat? No one had a contract with Party so you never had a guarantee. In other words you were gambling and winning a lot now you will be gambling and winning less but still winning? How on earth can you expect sympathy?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:36 AM

The decision is bad business all around. First they made the switch on a Saturday afternoon, one of their busiest days. The weekend also being particularly juicy is prime time for TAGs to play. This is utter disregard for their high volume players.

They cut thousands of players out. The are no longer getting rake from these players. They are at least temporarily losing revenue.

They add blackjack and side bets giving them an interest in how the flops come. The already large group of players who think the games are rigged will have even more reason to believe so now.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:57 AM

u say we should all stand up for players rights, but there's not "rights" that entitle us to rakeback.