Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Zoine Busted by Hero Cloutier

My question is, How could somebody make it to heads-up in a WSOP event after reading Cloutier's book, Championship NL and PL Holdem?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Zoine Busted by Hero Cloutier

Yeah, Cloutier has no idea what he is talking about. What a total idiot. He obviously has no idea how to play the game.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Cloutier has no idea what he is talking about. What a total idiot. He obviously has no idea how to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously he knows how to play the game, but that doesn't change the fact that his book is complete [censored].
Old 09-20-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously he knows how to play the game, but that doesn't change the fact that his book is complete [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i doubt that he played a bunch and realized which parts of the book work and which dont. that would be silly.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yea, I mean come on, he's never won the main event
Old 09-20-2005, 02:42 AM

I guess you have not read positively fifth street. McManus swears by the thing, not that he was a particularly great player at the time but he used it like his bible during the tourney.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you have not read positively fifth street. McManus swears by the thing, not that he was a particularly great player at the time but he used it like his bible during the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

McManus used it to double up against TJ and take the lead in the WSOP ME.

McManus raised with AK, TJ reraised with A9 (TJ's book says only reraise with AA or KK) and McManus called. The flop comes rag, rag, rag. McManus checks, TJ bets, McManus calls (TJ's book says check/fold AK if you miss the flop). The turn is another rag. McManus checks, TJ takes McManus allin, McManus calls.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 AM

haha, I dont know if that hand is a greater insult to the credibility of the book, or to the guy who said he used it as his bible.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:38 AM

TJ's book is great, if only for entertainment value. It's full of amusing situations, bad beats, and great calls. And i mean, come on, that's just fun to read. Also, More so than most poker books, it gives you an insight to how a top professional player thinks. Unfortuneately for us (the reader), Cloutier's a feel player, which means its hard to structure of make sense of his moves, to us at least.
TJ just "knows" when to call, raise, or fold top pair.

and you should too....
Old 09-21-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's full of amusing situations, bad beats, and great calls. And i mean, come on, that's just fun to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love reading about bad beats! Everytime a little IM box pops up, I get a tingle of anticipation, hoping it's someone telling me about how their aces got cracked by QJs.

Bah. Shitty book either way.