Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:58 PM

Default 2/5 NL Borgota - Hand Analysis

I just got back from a fun weekend in AC and logging a good 21 hours at the 2/5 NL at Gota (broken up between two days). My final hand sunday night was a big one. Heres the setup:

New player we'll call him Baldy, sits down plays one hand bluffs a guy going all-in on river and shows an aggressive image. Other guy in concern is an arab who has shown to be tight and not getting anything anytime soon.
Baldy: $650+ Arab: $450+ Me: $550+

Preflop dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG+1 call $5.

7 players limp pot $35.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Baldy first to act bets $30, arab calls, I raise to $75, folds around to Baldy. Baldy says "You got 5-6??" stairs me down and says "I raise $250". Arab guy seems frustrated and goes all-in roughly "$450". Gets to me.... whats do you do.. all the sudden Baldy shows his hand to a friend behind him and says "This is how you misplay your hand" after the old guy goes all-in. I go into a think tank and Baldy calls time on me. What do you do? (to be continued...)
Old 10-03-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL Borgota - Hand Analysis

I'm pretty sure this is a very easy push. You're not thinking of folding here are you? It seems like the Durka Durka is on a flush draw and looks like baldy probably has A5, but oh well. I push every time.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this is a very easy push. You're not thinking of folding here are you? It seems like the Durka Durka is on a flush draw and looks like baldy probably has A5, but oh well. I push every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with you racists idiots?
-James
Old 10-06-2005, 06:41 PM

Tough beat Nick.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:50 PM

Maybe it's because I just got finished reading Edward Said, but something about this post and some of the responses seem pretty racist.

Why isn't the bald guy called "white dude"?

Oh, and I move all-in everyday and twice on Sundays.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's because I just got finished reading Edward Said, but something about this post and some of the responses seem pretty racist.

Why isn't the bald guy called "white dude"?

Oh, and I move all-in everyday and twice on Sundays.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the subtle Orientalism Said talks about. This is just modern day outright racism. These kids are going to grow up and be like the embarassing Southern old men that call black people niggers and don't see why it's wrong.
-James
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 PM

a word is only racist if it is meant to underly a sense of superiority or hatred regarding the race it describes. Those words do not have to contain that meaning and were probably meant in a different light. It's kinda like when a gay guy calls another gay guy a flaming faggot. Or when a black guy calls his friend a nigger. It's all about implied meaning. But then again that could have been racist.

Eithr way that is one of the easists calls i have ever seen.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 PM

having odds to fill up is good.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 AM

and the story continues...

Baldy calls time. I sit there and say to myself over and over, I don't think there is any possible way I can fold this hand. My thoughts and analysis on this hand was I really do believe baldy has an overpair and misplayed his hand as he doesnt look like the mindgames type and showed true disgust when the arab pushed all-in. The arabs push represented to me a flush draw because he was just tired of not getting anything.... heres how it plays out

"I'm all-in" ($550+). Baldy says "Well now Im priced to call". Flips over AA?!? Arab flips over AK diamonds, I have the best hand with a set of 4's.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Brutal! I win that hand and I make roughly $1,100 profit. I can't believe baldy limped on the SB or BB with AA and Arab limped with AKs.

My question was my call resulted in a coin-flip for the most part between the arab and I right. He has 12 outs to improve on the flop. Turn I have 10 to improve. But replaying the hand I knew if I called baldy would call which gives me 2:1 on my money. So this is a must call right - just a bad beat.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM

You're actually a pretty big favorite on the flop with the 3 player all in situation. Still with a good redraw on the turn. Tough hand, looks like you went with your reads which were right on but got drawn out on.