Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Profiles on Multi Table 3-6 Holdem Players on PP/Skin

First time for me posting in this section of the forum.
Anyways, who are some of the regular people that you try to avoid at the same table? I don't mind one or two of the regulars at the table, but 3-4 can become a crowd.
Hopefully, i won't be offending any 2+2 members, since I believe giving your PP username is kinda taboo here, or so it seems.

1. SNORFARFAR - for some reason, I don't like playing at the same table as him. It's fairly easy to see where he's at, but he seems to never check, which is a good thing. You don't have to worry about him checkraising after the flop.

2. RocketBob- Did anyone else notice he always buys in for $50 and to see how much he can build it up. Pretty much ABC.

3. Q4suited - He's a little more tricky, lots of aggression and likes to berate bad players, especially when fishes play retarded SOOTED hands.

4. Yellow5W - Easy to play against and easy to defend blind steals from. Expect to see a premium/strong hand if he's raising the turn.

5. HaruHaru - This guy is always at the biggest average pot games @ 3-6. Seems to dry up the game and then leave for another high average pot game.

There are more I can list, but I decided to list 5. Any of the players I listed a 2+2 member? I can't seem to find 2+2ers at the table. Even "sup bro" doesn't work because they are too busy multi-tabling.

Comments and replies please.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Profiles on Multi Table 3-6 Holdem Players on PP/Skin

There's one guy, his name is like xxxxFoldAces or something, he's a gigantic fish, and he's so nitty that you can drive him off AA with a 94K rainbow flop. For example:

I know he had AA because he told me later.

I'm reciting this from memory, don't have the hand history
I'm in MP3 with KQo, he's in the CO with AA.

I open raise, he 3-bets, blinds fold, I cap.

flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he folds and then proceeds to tell me how I should have checkraised the turn instead of 3-betting the flop with my flopped set so he could fold to the checkraise there.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's one guy, his name is like xxxxFoldAces or something, he's a gigantic fish, and he's so nitty that you can drive him off AA with a 94K rainbow flop. For example:

I know he had AA because he told me later.

I'm reciting this from memory, don't have the hand history
I'm in MP3 with KQo, he's in the CO with AA.

I open raise, he 3-bets, blinds fold, I cap.

flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he folds and then proceeds to tell me how I should have checkraised the turn instead of 3-betting the flop with my flopped set so he could fold to the checkraise there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds familiar. Except the fishiness and the coaching. I think I've seen him around.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First time for me posting in this section of the forum.
Anyways, who are some of the regular people that you try to avoid at the same table? I don't mind one or two of the regulars at the table, but 3-4 can become a crowd.
Hopefully, i won't be offending any 2+2 members, since I believe giving your PP username is kinda taboo here, or so it seems.

1. SNORFARFAR - for some reason, I don't like playing at the same table as him. It's fairly easy to see where he's at, but he seems to never check, which is a good thing. You don't have to worry about him checkraising after the flop.

2. RocketBob- Did anyone else notice he always buys in for $50 and to see how much he can build it up. Pretty much ABC.

3. Q4suited - He's a little more tricky, lots of aggression and likes to berate bad players, especially when fishes play retarded SOOTED hands.

4. Yellow5W - Easy to play against and easy to defend blind steals from. Expect to see a premium/strong hand if he's raising the turn.

5. HaruHaru - This guy is always at the biggest average pot games @ 3-6. Seems to dry up the game and then leave for another high average pot game.

There are more I can list, but I decided to list 5. Any of the players I listed a 2+2 member? I can't seem to find 2+2ers at the table. Even "sup bro" doesn't work because they are too busy multi-tabling.

Comments and replies please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea if theses guys are 2+2ers, but here is how I've done against them:

-Snorfarfar - +$20
-RockerBob - -$23
-Q4suited - +$4
-Yellow5W - +$7
-HaruHaru - -$58
Old 05-11-2005, 11:06 AM

It doesn't matter who or how many good players are on your table. Every table has some good players. It does matter who, how many bad players are on your table, and if their position and style and the table dynmamic allow you to exploit them.

It also used to be bad form to post player names on this site without their consent.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter who or how many good players are on your table. Every table has some good players. It does matter who, how many bad players are on your table, and if their position and style and the table dynmamic allow you to exploit them.

It also used to be bad form to post player names on this site without their consent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It still is.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:55 AM

sorry, I was just trying to get a constructive thread going. As you can tell by my post count, I am mostly a lurker in the other sections of the forum and somewhat about a newbie regarding posting eticics and what not.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:23 PM

no problem. Welcome to the forum. By the way, if you are ever playing with me, and you post a hand, you may include that in the description of the hand. I'm sure that is true of most people that post here.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no problem. Welcome to the forum. By the way, if you are ever playing with me, and you post a hand, you may include that in the description of the hand. I'm sure that is true of most people that post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. Unless I do something really stooopid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is gold. Everyone should memorize it even if they don't understand it. When you start playing in tougher games with just one or two donators you'll understand. The best tables you play are going to be with 1-3 donks to your right and tight players to your left letting you pound and pound and pound and pound.

And I fully agree that posting names is bad form.