Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 11:57 AM

Default 15/30 completing the small blind

2 limpers to me, I have 82s. If I complete I'm getting 11-1 on my call.

Is that sufficient for this piece of crap? 11-1 sounds good, but 82s is a really horrible hand.

-Scott
Old 04-20-2004, 12:07 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 15/30 completing the small blind

you really should start making these posts in the small stakes forum
Old 04-20-2004, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you really should start making these posts in the small stakes forum

[/ QUOTE ]

That so?

And I know of no small stakes games with this chip structure.

And, in a small stakes game the call is probably +EV due to the fact the players tend to be worse and there would tend to be more limpers.

If you look at the pokerroom stats for 82s out of the small blind, it is a loser. It's losing more than a quarter of a big bet.

-Scott
Old 04-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

yes, that is so. one does not need to "understand" the chip structure in order to answer this question. you may be playing mid-limits, but the majority of your questions fall into the beginner class and they bring down the average quality of this forum.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, that is so. one does not need to "understand" the chip structure in order to answer this question. you may be playing mid-limits, but the majority of your questions fall into the beginner class and they bring down the average quality of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astro,

i think you are too harsh here. he IS in fact playing 15/30 games and the questions he asks involves mid limit players. the answers he get from the small stakes forum will surely not be as tailored to his games as ones he gets here.

and since there is no "beginners forum" or "experts forum", it is hard for him to post accordingly. on top of that, how does one truly know if he is a "beginner" or an "expert"?

Kenny
Old 04-20-2004, 01:56 PM

the only player worth considering is the big blind. this is a math question, he has the answer, and he is still unable to make heads or tails of it.

it's pretty easy for him to know if he is a beginner or an expert by reading the replies to his posts.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:56 PM

There do appear to be a number of people starting poker now who jump straight into 15/30 (and why not if you have the money?). Also, a lot of people jumping quickly into online 10/20 through 30/60 after playing a small amount of online poker at lower limits. Unless there's a mid/beginner's forum as someone suggested in an earlier thread, this is prob the best place for them to post.

Maybe there is some merit to having a mid-limit/beginners section for guys like SoBe w/ basic questions like this.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:41 PM

Hey the way the mid-limit games have been playing lately, I think I should start weeding through the Small Stakes Forum. I'll bet there is stuff in there I haven't thought of. Here in Los Angeles the games have never been looser.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:27 PM

A few months ago, DS or MM posted saying he had changed his view on always completeing in the one chip SB in these games, and to now throw away some of the more trashy hands. I can't locate the post right now. and can't recall the range. I believe he was not specific.

Personally I hate hands that are 8-high and contain a 2.

Clearly with another caller or two, completing is a no-brainer. But I don't think wanting others opinions is a worthless discussion, nor does it bring down the quality of this forum.

You can always just ignore my posts, and if this is going to be the quality of your replies, I'd prefer it.

Ever heard the saying there is no such thing as a stupid question? If so, then it is YOU who are lowering the quality of this forum with your inane and pedantic replies.

-Scott
Old 04-20-2004, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh no he di-int [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]