Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Easy Fold?

Outstanding 20-40 game at Mirage. Babe is in the bb with black 10s. Rare "fold around" to a tourist who knows me in the cutoff. He raises. Button and sb fold. I 3 bet. He says to the nice drunk kid next to him....."I know I don't have the best hand", as he is putting 20 more bucks into the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I bet and am raised. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Do I fold now?

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Easy Fold?

This post is so depressing.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:31 AM

I think he means no.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is so depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depressing or hilarious.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:24 AM

Depressingly hilarous?

Hilarously Depressing?

-Diplomat
Old 03-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Default I don\'t get it

I mean what's depressing or hilarious? From Babe's original post - we're missing information to suggest a course of action. Namely: What do you mean "a tourist who knows me" ? i.e. what does the tourist do with that knowledge of your play.

"Ok the rock just 3 bet me out of the blind and bet a flop consisting of medium cards. She almost assuredly has an overpair."

Does he think, "I've got a straight draw/flush draw/JJ/AK/ I might be able to get the rock to fold if I play back at her."

Or does he think, "I know she's got an overpair but my hand is (blank) so I'm raising the flop for value."

Without having played in Babe's games we don't know if other players take advantage/notice her rock-like tendencies. If the posters who have responded critically already know that info then please share it.

If we're making a suggestion to a player whose tendencies we may know (Babe) then without that info it's difficult to know if this is an easy decision or not. We need to make a suggestion based on Babe's known goals. If I may guess: it's to make money while managing her variance.

It's ok for Rocks to post here too. If it's an anonymous player posting about an anonymous opponent we should assume the goal is to maximize EV.

Regards,
Jamie
Old 03-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I don\'t get it

[ QUOTE ]
If we're making a suggestion to a player whose tendencies we may know (Babe) then without that info it's difficult to know if this is an easy decision or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "that info" is how does the opponent play against Babe knowing her playing style.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:32 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

fold preflop.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:33 AM

Hey babe, change the title to easy three bet, and I'll agree with you.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:37 AM

Maybe I'm way off here, but it seems to me that the only hands you probably have to worry about are JJ and QQ (and these are unlikely given his pre-flop play).

If he has AA, KK, or a set I would imagine the raise would be reserved for the turn (at least that's what I'd do head-up).

He most likely was stealing with A9, K9 or has a flush draw with overcards (the first 2 being most likely).

I would call the raise and bet the turn. If the turn were an A, K, or club I would either bet and fold to a raise or check/call to the river.

This may be WAY off, but that's just my 2 cents.