Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Another 500 hands, another 90 BB loss

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Qd Jh (two pair, queens and jacks).
Hero has Ah Tc (one pair, aces).
MP2 has As 5c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 12.20 BB. </font>

Sample size be damned. Flame me for making a whine post. I don't care anymore.

At Poker Stars 0.25/0.50 I've dropped at a rate of 10BB per hundred hands for 3000 hands. I dropped 80BB in 400 hands today alone.

My biggest win today was 4 BB. My biggest loss was 8 BB.

Apparently I can't beat "bad" players. And I'm starting to feel like I can't take it anymore.

How do I beat players who fold every time I show aggression. Except when they call me down with their flopped two pair over and over and over. Or their rivered A. How do I beat players whose flush draws come in 3 in 3 instead of 1 in 3?

How do I make money when only 3 or 4 players ever see the flop?

I protect my hand. I bet for value, I raise for value. But every good hand I have either gets folded to me when I show any aggression, or I'm beat.

So I win small pots, because everyone folds to me.

But I lose big pots, lots of them. Usually because of slow played monsters and draws, or from pumping flush draws that I haven't caught in 2000 hands (no exaggeration).

Winning small pots doesn't make up for losing big ones. Not at all. This is hell.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Another 500 hands, another 90 BB loss

In a 9-handed game, I'd fold this preflop. The rest of the hand is fine.

Losses happen. In 250+ hands today I'm down about 20BB. Just part of the game.

Rob
Old 11-29-2004, 01:02 AM

ATo is not that strong a hand to start with in a multiway pot, you have got a lot of ways to be dominated. you were not in this particular case but ATo is a hand that makes 2nd best hand a lot, you need to be careful with it. I would have limped in with it, but I probably would have folded it to any real aggresion. With this particular hand you are really hoping for a ten on the flop.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:44 PM

You guys are crazy. I raise ATo in EP at loose passive tables and get coldcalled by A5o, KTo, JTo, etc. routinely. You would raise AJo wouldn't you? A9o I fold. Funny where I draw the line I guess.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-29-2004, 01:03 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Apparently I can't beat "bad" players.
If you are presuming that your opponent played badly, here's a news flash. The only mistake your opponent made in this hand was not going for the easy checkraise to pick you off on the turn.

Do not simply presume that just becvasue you are involved in a hand that means you are the best player in the hand. That's a sure road to disaster.

Your tone and the fact that you posted this hand imply that you feel this was a bad beat. That's wrong. It was just a beat. Nothing bad about it. Thats poker. Handle it or pick another hobby.

How do I make money when only 3 or 4 players ever see the flop?

By playing good poker.

You played this hand fine. I think the PF limp is OK, but it's close to a fold.

Post more hands.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:15 AM

In my defense...

I go strictly by the SSH charts for tight games (because I can't ever find any loose ones). I know they are merely guidelines, but I don't have enough experience to be confident deviating from them yet. The chart says limp in EP with ATo, so I limped in EP with ATo. As it is my VPIP for the last 5000 hands is ~12%.

I don't feel like I'm the best player at the table. Ever. I feel like I'm bumbling my way almost every hand, but I'm trying desperately not to fall into weak-tight play.

I don't feel like this hand was a bad beat. I would've folded on the turn to a raise or check raise from either player. A bad beat would have been the guy who limp re-raised me preflop when I had AA (I capped), I flopped a set (and capped the flop), but lost when he showed 55 for a runner-runner straight.

I'll post more hands soon.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The chart says limp in EP with ATo

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at it and no, it doesn't. The loose games one does, the tight games one does not. BTW, im not even sure I've ever seen an online game at any limit that would qualify as a "loose" game by SSH standards.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:25 AM

im not even sure I've ever seen an online game at any limit that would qualify as a "loose" game by SSH standards

Did you mean to say "tight"?
Old 11-29-2004, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not even sure I've ever seen an online game at any limit that would qualify as a "loose" game by SSH standards

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he meant "loose." 6-10 for the flop is the exception at Party, unlike live play, where seeing 6-way pots capped preflop isn't uncommon.

Rob
Old 11-29-2004, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not what I mean, its what SSH means. They say tight is 3-5 players to the flop on avg. and that loose is 6-8. 6-8 on avg. is pushing it even for a great .5/1 table on Party. Using the SSH definition, I meant what I said.