Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 04:05 AM

Default Three new chips for the Egyptian set. New Colors?

Re: History on the past order

I am going to get three new chips for the set. So far I have:

$1 white
$5 red
$25 green
$100 black
$500 gold (may as well be yellow edges)

(see here for the chips colors)

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I'm adding these three: $.25, $1,000, and $5,000.

My question is, what three colors should I use for these new chips? I've gotten an opinion from a chip dealer, and I want to reinforce what I've already heard with what I feel is right. If my $500 was already purple, this would be easy. But I chose gold in the beginning since I didn't plan to have new chips designed.

Any help is appreciated.

Ten

(p.s. After I determine colors, I will nail down images for the chips. Most likely an Ankh for the .25, Anubis for the $1k, and the almighty Tutankamun for the $5k)

Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Three new chips for the Egyptian set. New Colors?

Personally, I don't care for strict adherance to "standard" chip colors anyway, so I would choose colors that contrast well with the existing set.

My choice would be:

.25 - Blue
1000 - Pink or Orange
5000 - Purple/Lavender

J5
Old 11-25-2004, 01:30 PM

This is OT. I noticed in some of the pics there are what seem to be small shards of the chips that have chipped off. Is this something that this type of chip does?
These are very beautiful chips. The colored chips (excluding the white) seem very deep (darker) but bright. I think a deep torquoise (toward the blue end) or maybe sapphire would be a nice addition and contrast to the other high value chips.
My 2 SB
Russ
Old 11-25-2004, 01:40 PM

I think you may be referring to the injection mold marks on the 'rolling edge' of the chips. Unfortunately, all Chipcos have them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

J5
Old 11-26-2004, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is OT. I noticed in some of the pics there are what seem to be small shards of the chips that have chipped off. Is this something that this type of chip does?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to look to see what you meant. If you mean that crescent shaped white thing near the reds and whites, then no. That's not a part of the chips, I dont know what it is. I've used all 1500 of my set, and never noticed a defect or damage of any kind.

Ten
Old 11-26-2004, 03:17 PM

One more character you should keep in mind for a chip is Imhotep. You know, the guy from the movie "The Mummy". Imhotep was unreal, he was setting bones, extracting medicines from plants, and using antibiotics in 2600 B.C.!!! We didn't didn't start using antibiotics till 4,580 years later!

He invented the pyramid, cured over 500 (some say 200, but 500 is the number I've seen in most texts) illnesses, was worshiped as a god by Egyptians and early christians as well, and much more.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:27 PM

Plus, his name starts with I'm ho. How can you go wrong with that?

I'm with the blue, purple, pink crowd. I think a grey would be nice too, but that would probably look too much like the white.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:19 PM

I like the Ankh/Anbuis/Tutankhamen idea for the 3 new denominations but, as Anubis is a god and Tutankhamen was merely a wicked rich boy king, I'd put Anubis on the biggest denomination chip. Colorwise, I think blue for the $.25, and bright pink/royal purple (in some order) for the 2 big ones would contrast nicely..... I'm almost hoping they come out crappy so I don't have to scrape together some more money to update my set [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 03:44 PM

I'm listening closely to everyone, thanks and keep the comments coming.

I have to ask though, many of you are offering pink as one of the chip colors. Are you sure that it will go well with this set? Also, keep in mind that the secondary color for each chip is gold.

Ten
Old 11-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Ten - I think a pink chip would go with the set. One of my Pokerchips.com mockups (posted image is a bit rough)was kind of a dark pink (don't remember the color name, with a yellow edge (gold would be similar i guess), and i think it looks good.

Are you going to tell us what you were thinking? (grey/brown?)

J5