Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Your downswings ever site specific?

When you go into a major downswing, do you ever find it to be site specific? Can you fire up another site and do well, but when you go back to the first site you're still in a downswing?

Just curious because I am experiencing that right now. Signed up with UB and have been on a huge downswing since the first hand. I am 0-16 in their SNGs ranging from $6-$22. I am down 100BB at the $1/$2 NL. I fire up Stars, and I was ITM in 6-13. The 6-max NL is like an ATM machine for me. I go back to UB to try and finish clearing the bonus (which will apparently take me all year) and I go 0-7 again in SNGs and slaughtered at the ring games.

At Stars I get paid off constantly, but at UB I always seem to be up against a monster. The last 6 UB SNGs I busted out of were either full house beaten by quads twice, flush beat my trips, etc etc.

Just wondering if jumping sites during a downswing has helped anyone, or does the bad luck/cards follow you wherever you go until it's over?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Your downswings ever site specific?

All of big wins have come from pokerroom, I've tried playing at some bigger sites for the bigger turnouts but I have failed to crack a final table
Old 07-21-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of big wins have come from pokerroom, I've tried playing at some bigger sites for the bigger turnouts but I have failed to crack a final table

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom is my "downswing" site as well. I tried clearing a couple bonuses there but when you are $250 down (and only up 80 points) chasing a $100 bonus it just tends to get to you a little. Especially when the majority of that $250 is from suckouts and terrible beats. I know online poker isnt rigged and neither is pokerroom but its enough psychologically that I probably wont go back.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM

That's cuz online poker is rigged.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm that's not what I said or what I was implying so I'd appreciate it if you took that stupid ass cliche response and shove it up your ass. It's old, it really is.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm that's not what I said or what I was implying so I'd appreciate it if you took that stupid ass cliche response and shove it up your ass. It's old, it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, talk about overreacting. Maybe I'd take you seriously if you got a larger sample size.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, talk about overreacting. Maybe I'd take you seriously if you got a larger sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, I'll go keep dumping money at a site that has destroyed me for the last 2 weeks.

It was a simple question really to see if players here experience downswings that follow them around, or are sort of site specific. I apologize for the quick snap, but I really am tired of responses like that. You contributed nothing to the thread, and knew that when you hit the reply button, so why even bother replying at all?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of control.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So are your mom.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:34 PM

Poker room and me just do not get along, they are my downswing site I never go back to.