Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 AM

Default PokerCharts.com will charge soon

When I went to log on to PokerCharts.com tonight the following message came up. I guess they need to start making some more money. I'm now stopping loging my sessions, I have PokerTracker anyway. It was a good program while it was free...

"Member Notice
Poker Charts moving to a subscription model

Since 2002, Poker Charts has been kept free for members through the collection of advertising fees and the very occasional donation. Neither source of revenue has been able to adequately support the development and operation of the site, especially as the site has become more and more popular. Furthermore, we found the advertising to be super cheesy and detract from the usability (ergo, usefulness) of the site. As one member candidly put it to us in email, "All of these ads on the site suck. It makes using the site a drag."

So last summer we made the decision to let all of the advertising run out, stop taking donations, and support the site by collecting a nominal rake from the membership. Since then we've been steadily making improvements, and now we are ready to enact a new subscription policy. We think you will find it very reasonable. The policy will go into effect next week, but as you will see you won't need to worry about it for another month or so.

Here are the prices and other highlights:
- $7.95 for 3 months, $11.95 for 6 months or $19.95 for a year.
- For new members the first month is free.
- For current members, the first month is free from the first time you login after we've fully enacted the policy.
- We will accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- We are looking into adding Neteller, PayPal and Firepay.
- We will NOT automatically charge your card when your time runs out unless you instruct us to.
- Anyone who has donated in the past (a small club) will get a lifetime free ride.
- At anytime you can bail out and use your stats elsewhere by exporting them to a spreadsheet, even after your membership expires.

We hope you will find this pricing more than fair, especially considering the features and design of Poker Charts, and the fact that we are constantly improving it. We will resist the temptation to throw out the Sy Sperling line, but one of the reasons Poker Charts is so great is that every member of the development and design team uses it. With your continued support this application will only get better faster.

As always, we value your feedback and would like to help you with your questions or concerns. You can contact us using the link to the left or you can post a message (anonymously, if you like) in our open discussion forum.

Regards,
The Poker Charts Team

P.S. See the discussion forum for the latest upgrade notes - lots of features have just been improved and added.
Click here to go to your statistics.

Poker Charts © 2002-2005 Speedboat Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved "
Old 02-19-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: PokerCharts.com will charge soon

I had been using for about a week. :|

Oh well; I'll just keep going until it ends up locked out, then just export the data. I keep track of most of those stats on my own anyway. :shrug: And once I move to a site that supports PT, that ends that completely.

-K
Old 02-19-2005, 01:40 AM

that is a shame. i love the charts and all. i've plugged in every moment since starting to win online in september. just bought pokertracker this week, so still getting to knowit- but there is a way to keep track of total winnings (including bonuses) on pokertracker?
Old 02-19-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but there is a way to keep track of total winnings (including bonuses) on pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is, well maybe not bonuses, but winnings.

Hopefully this will be good for me because I have been really depending on the Charts from PokerCharts and really haven't used PokerTracker as much as I should. Hopefully I'll be forced now to use PT more to my advantage. I will really miss Poker Charts though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there is a way to keep track of total winnings (including bonuses) on pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is, well maybe not bonuses, but winnings.

Hopefully this will be good for me because I have been really depending on the Charts from PokerCharts and really haven't used PokerTracker as much as I should. Hopefully I'll be forced now to use PT more to my advantage. I will really miss Poker Charts though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Version 3 of Pokertracker will have a way to keep track of bonus winnings and B&M sessions as well.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:17 AM

didn't know there was a 3rd pokertracker coming soon. iassume all will easily transfer and the upgrade is free?
Old 02-19-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't know there was a 3rd pokertracker coming soon. iassume all will easily transfer and the upgrade is free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should easily transfer, though I wouldn't expect the upgrade to be free. Probably a reduced price like most software when there is a full version jump.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything will transfer easily, so you won't lose any data you have now. However, there will be an upgrade fee as it is a new version. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood or $10-$15.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:32 AM

Do you know if he is going to be using Access still? I know a while ago Pat said something about MySql.

craig
Old 02-19-2005, 02:42 AM

Is anyone else going to pay for Pokercharts? I know that I am if the adapt payment through Neteller. I love the site. It really has helped me improve my game. Keep in mind that I do not have PT.