Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Moving up, whats my incentive?

With my goal being to increase my bank roll, whats my incentive for leaving a 3/6 game w/fish raking in $50 hour to go to a higher limit game like 10/20 that pays 1.5 big bets an hour, provided I'm good enough to play at that level. Or, are the 10/20 games just as lucrative?
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Moving up, whats my incentive?

I am in the same boat as you basically. I usually play 2/4 or 3/6 online but everyonce in a while I will do the 10/20 6 max or 15/30 full tables at Party. I think game selection is really what matters most here. Sometimes you get lucky and find a 10/20 game that is easier than the 1/2 games. Other times I have been playing 3/6 and see like 3 names that I recognize from 2+2 and the rest of the table is like 22/8 vpip/pfr type players.

Swings can also be bigger and less friendly at the higher limits too. I recently had a day where I had a 1500 dollar swing which is definitely a little too extreme for me. Good luck with that though. Later.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:53 AM

50 an hour at 3/6 is probably not sustainable. Just so you know. I had a similar thing where I was banging out something like 6 or 7 BB/100 hands for a 2000 hands or so. Eventually it all evens out and I am at a little over 2 BB/100 now.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
50 an hour at 3/6 is probably not sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a rake rebate, you don't have to be a world-class player to make $50 per hour playing 3/6 online.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
50 an hour at 3/6 is probably not sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a rake rebate, you don't have to be a world-class player to make $50 per hour playing 3/6 online.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont even have to be all that good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM

For all those who didnt insinuate that I am a lier. I have decided to move up to 5/10 the next time I'm in vegas. My bankroll is plenty big enough now. (started w/$40) And by the way, I'm not interested in 'sustaining' that kind of profit at a 3/6. I was simply using that as an example of how good a table can be. It seems to be the norm in Vegas more than a rarity based on my very limited time there. I am by no means making a statement of how good or bad my play is. I would never do that in this sea of critics. If all the players at the upper levels are 'grinding' out 1 BB per hour they are probably better card players than me. I dont need that kind of play when I'm in vegas for 3 days. I need the players that stay to the end because they have big egos or they just like to gamble. I strive to take my ego out of the game until after I'm done playing, then, I can gloat to myself later about that great hand, etc. That answer about "bigger stakes = more money, Nuff said", is ridiculous. Doesnt address my question at all.
There may not be an answer other than to play at a level I'm comfortable at that is still loaded with loose, uneducated players.
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With my goal being to increase my bank roll, whats my incentive for leaving a 3/6 game w/fish raking in $50 hour to go to a higher limit game like 10/20 that pays 1.5 big bets an hour, provided I'm good enough to play at that level. Or, are the 10/20 games just as lucrative?
Accident

[/ QUOTE ]

Higher limits = more money if you can beat them. What more incentive do you need?

B.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:24 PM

Well stated Benjamin. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 06:42 PM

I forgot to specify, bad players at B&M in Vegas. Live play only.
Thanx for the replies.
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Lets see. Over 8 BB/hr and a brutal rake. That is nothing short of amazing. In fact, it is beyond amazing. It is incomprehensibe.