Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:43 PM

Default So I took the LSATs today....

After waking up at 6:30 to drive an hr in the begginings on DC rush hour traffic I took the LSATs.
The first 2 sections were logic problems (i.e. my mortal enemy). Three questions into the second of these sections I was really frustrated. SO, I decided to guess for all the remaining questions of the section. I wrote "A,B,C,D,E" in the margins, closed my eyes and proceeded to answer the questions according to which letter it landed on.
I'm curious to see what random guessing is gonna get me on this section.
Results to be posted when I get my score back......
Old 09-29-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: So I took the LSATs today....

Passionfruit is taking it Saturday. I'll let everyone in on how he does too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 04:44 PM

Aren't lawyers supposed to be good at logic?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:46 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't lawyers supposed to be good at logic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Logic Games are silly measurements that really tell no one anything worthwhile about how good you would be at law (or more specifically, law school). Well, I suppose they do tend to weed out the truly incapable.

Hopefully for OP that section wasn't scored.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:48 PM

What kind of score would a guy like me get just going straight into the exam without studying for it? How about if I got one of those prep books maybe a week before the exam?

I'm kind of curious how I'd do. I think the only thing that's really keeping me from doing it is I don't care to blow $100 or whatever it is just to take an exam I don't have any use for. If someone wants to bankroll me for this, I'll post a trip report.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:56 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

In general, I'd guess rocket scientists to do well. I think this sounds like a tremendous idea. OOT can certainly raise enough to roll you.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 PM

This reminds me. I can probably go take the PE now. I should get on that.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of score would a guy like me get just going straight into the exam without studying for it? How about if I got one of those prep books maybe a week before the exam?

I'm kind of curious how I'd do. I think the only thing that's really keeping me from doing it is I don't care to blow $100 or whatever it is just to take an exam I don't have any use for. If someone wants to bankroll me for this, I'll post a trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Test taking is a discrete skill, like any other. Realize that many people take courses, some expensive, some repeatedly, some excellent, to pass and score highly on this test. I would expect this test to be adjusted upward in difficulty accordingly. Therefore, you will be starting off behind the bulk of your competition in some ways, and would have to make up for same by being overall better than they are just to break even with them.

If you are indeed notably smarter and/or better at the sort of material you'd find in the LSAT than others who take it are, perhaps it will show. But you're starting off handicapped if you don't have the intensive preparation your competitors will have.

I could be wrong; just my take on it.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always been really curious about how I'd do on it too.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this a year and a half ago on a bet against my sister. I told her I could outscore her, by just walking in and taking it cold. I managed a 146, which I hear is not great, but not complete retard level. I lost the bet.

I do think if I looked at one of those review books for even a few hours it would have helped my score significantly.