Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 01:38 AM

Default One of the more amazing things about the Bahamas was ...

nobody who was 6'5", 235 pounds, and buff came up and said anything to my face. I mean, that one douchebag, what was his name, you know the one I'm talking about, kept posting how he won a seat to the PS Caribbean Adventure, that he would see me there at Atlantis, and that he had no fear about introducing himself and talking trash to my face. Yet, not only did no such person introduce himself, I also saw no players who fit the description that he repeatedly gave.

Let me guess, he was really a full-of-sh*t 12 yo with more pimples than muscles and more insecurities than IQ points?

Don't you just love the anonymity of the internet? It gives virtual balls to people who are really just big wusses. Of course, these guys will never grow real ones, will they?

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: One of the more amazing things about the Bahamas was ...

I remember the trash he was posting. I think he just kind
of faded away...........................

Greg, you playing in the WPT event at Tunica?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg, you playing in the WPT event at Tunica?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'm not going there. I will be leaving for London and the Inside Edge awards show Sunday, and then staying for the EPT event in Copenhagen.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be leaving for London and the Inside Edge awards show Sunday, and then staying for the EPT event in Copenhagen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're staying in London to play in Copenhagen? That sounds like a hell of a long commute!

Seriously, GL in Copenhagen.
I don't blame you for skipping Tunica. It's just not that exciting a place.
I was thinking of trying to win my win via a couple of the sat's or something down there (I live in Memphis) but I've got other things to focus on (like winning in the ring-games) and I would rather my first major tourney experience come at a cooler venue like Vegas or Copenhagen or Aruba or Bahamas (or even AC or Foxwoods for all I care...I'm not THAT picky).

Tunica? been there, done that (not for MTT purposes, just for general poker purposes).

Have to agree with the general sentiment expressed by emark and others that the whole bit about responding to the trolling seems silly.

BTW - I'm not sure remember any of the posts by this troll that you are referring to. It seems almost barely vaguely familiar but I'm honestly not sure.
I think all of us would be wise to crank up our troll-filter as much as possible.
I'm proud of the fact that I think I probably read this guy's posts and can't remember ANY of it. Probably an important step in troll-ignorance for me

(yes....I know that ignoring the trolls when they are coming at YOU directly is different....I'm on the one step at a time troll-ignore program)
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Maybe he chickened out after he heard how you whipped out the kung fu on those thugs in the Bellagio. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 AM

Greg, the internet is full of "full-of-sh*t 12 year olds" desperate for attention any way they can get it, negative or not. It seems to get under your skin when they do it (perfectly understandable), but every time you give it any acknowledgment whatsoever, you're giving them exactly what they want.

Take satisfaction in your life as it is, and don't give the "from a distance haters" the time of day. Their negativity and clear unhappiness will bring back (in one form or another) plenty of self-induced retribution in the long-run.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:50 AM

Who was the calm guy that just let Matusow talk and talk and look like a total idiot while the calm, cool and collected Fossilman just nodded??? What happened to that guy?

Greg, I am in total agreement with you regarding the d-bags... and I am sure 95% of this site would get your back if any fistfight broke out...

and if you are just joking around... ha ha very funny... but if not, may I suggest you take all this hostility out on the raquetball court and not give the d-bags all this satisfaction of getting under your skin.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:27 PM

I am very calm. Just because I call these guys out sometimes doesn't mean they've gotten under my skin. It just means I'm telling them what they deserve to hear, and also making it clear to the rest of the audience that I don't like to tolerate [censored].

In the Matusow incident, if I say anything back to him, it either has to be so good that it's a closer, or he believes he's gotten under my skin and in his mind that makes him the winner. It may be that it's the same with the internet douchebags, but if I accidentally boost their esteem, it doesn't hurt my chances of winning their chips.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:02 PM

Yes, but some of the other posters are correct in their assessment that you've become less gracious in your posts and attitude than you were before your post about your harrowing kidnap experience at the Bellagio.

You've become insulting and arrogant. In other words, you've lowered yourself. Maybe TILT will hire you for a guest shot on the next episode... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Default tek....uhuh, and maybe someday......

.......you'll have enough wisdom to understand the difference between making opinionated, short-sighted judgements vs. considering that perhaps you're evaluation of the whole situation is exceedingly shallow, incomplete and therefore erroneous.

Judging by your other posts, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that day to come.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all that it is.....You're posts expose you for what you are.