Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 11:09 AM

Default another bot technology (automated Poker Inspector)

Here people discuss various ways to run it for auto-play:

http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366
http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352
http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332

As far as I know PI is allowed at most sites. Let it know to your poker room if you don't like to play against this.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: another bot technology (automated Poker Inspector)

I don't understand what the big deal is about bots. Bots are written by humans, and have to play using human-made rules. What is the difference between playing against a bot and playing against Rocky McPlayTheSame who has a never-changing strategy? Unless someone has written a VERY sophisticated bot that can track my tendencies better than I can track its playing patterns, I'll play against it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Does anyone actually care? Is it because you are worried that the fish don't understand this, and they will all leave if they find out that bots are playing? Or do you actually not want to play against bots? Someone who cares, please enlighten me.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what the big deal is about bots. Bots are written by humans, and have to play using human-made rules. What is the difference between playing against a bot and playing against Rocky McPlayTheSame who has a never-changing strategy? Unless someone has written a VERY sophisticated bot that can track my tendencies better than I can track its playing patterns, I'll play against it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Does anyone actually care? Is it because you are worried that the fish don't understand this, and they will all leave if they find out that bots are playing? Or do you actually not want to play against bots? Someone who cares, please enlighten me.

~MagicMan

[/ QUOTE ]

puleeze let's not have this debate again -- if you want the counterarguments, do a search of the archives. we have this debate every week.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 AM

id enlighten you, but a) you arent smart enough to use the search function and b) you will prolly be bust in a couple months and wont be around here anyway....so meh
Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Wow, no wonder I never read the internet forum. You guys are just a bunch of jerks. To be fair, I do get really annoyed when people don't use the search function, and I should have done that. I guess I just got irritated about another bot post and posted without thinking about it. Like I say, I rarely read the internet forum so I didn't realize there have been multiple debates, and I didn't search for it because I wasn't really searching for an answer. Thanks for being such a D-bag about it. Next time just kindly tell me to search the archives.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Searching the archives for bot threads is much more tedious than it sounds. I did find the following thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;sb=5&o=

But it still doesn't clear up my questions. The general consensus is that "bots destroy the integrity of the game." Again, though, I don't see how. Do you [who are opposed to bots] mean that it seems to destroy the integrity, and that therefore the fish will think other things are rigged? If this is not what you mean, then the argument is cyclical:
1) We must protect the integrity of the game by disallowing bots.
2) Bots are bad because they destroy the integrity of the game.
3) Goto 1).

This doesn't make any sense. WHY do bots destroy the integrity? If you think it's just because of irrational fish fear, then just write: "Because people are stupid enough to be afraid of bots" and I'll stop replying.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 PM

MM, now you win money from fish and that's enough to cover rake and give you some profit. As soon as you will face 10 reasonably tight bots per each human-fish (which will also be hard to find) you will become unable to beat the rake.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As soon as you will face 10 reasonably tight bots per each human-fish (which will also be hard to find) you will become unable to beat the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll assume you mean in general, and that this is not a specific dig at me. If so, this is the same as saying "games with reasonably tight players cannot be beaten," which is simply not true. My whole point here is that playing a bot is no different than playing a human who plays by the rules followed by the bot.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 02:54 PM

ure right im sorry...I shouldnt have said you will be bust in a couple months....that was merely just a hunch on the true fact here, and what my original response should have been. Its too late to edit my old post, so i'll just put it here and we can all pretend I said it originally "you aren't very bright".

So again, please forgive my earlier statements, I hope we can move on from that and a freindship can develop.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:06 PM

Fair enough, consider it forgotten.

~MagicMan