Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Default If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

He says he donates "all winnings" from MTT's to charity, but I think he's full of crap. I think he definetly donates some, but not the whole thing.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

Why would he lie about something like that? I doubt most people think to themselves "well,if I lose this all in at least it all goes to charity". I'm sure he keeps some to use in other tournaments or something.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he lie about something like that? I doubt most people think to themselves "well,if I lose this all in at least it all goes to charity". I'm sure he keeps some to use in other tournaments or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somthing about his arrogance drives me insane. He makes sure everyone knows that he donates his winnings.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somthing about his arrogance drives me insane. He makes sure everyone knows that he donates his winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh w/e, as long as people in need get their money, it's better than a guy buying a ferrari
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving to charities! Especially those involving children!!!
Honestly, where does he get off?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA LOL!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, umm, just to be clear, I was saying there's really no motivation to lie about something like that.

The only possible reason I can think of for someone to lie about that would be so people play worse against you. Ie you tell them if you win it's going to charity, so they feel less bad making bad moves against you. But I was saying I doubt that's the case.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, it's almost like he's trying to encourage others to be charitable! Would it be better if he made sure everyone knew he was going to spend it on Jack Daniel's and cocaine?

And no, I don't think he would donate the entire $7.5M. He would probably cover his entry fee and other expenses and tip the dealers first.

(I see this attitude all the time... I think what it comes down to is that many people can't comprehend having $7.5M, let alone being able to give it away. So they get jealous and come up with reasons to hate.)
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM

I'm sure he would have.. Barry is the one of the last people on earth who would need the money..
Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 PM

Although not firsthand, I heard that he donates all of his profits but retains some for future MTT buy-ins, so basically all his profit goes to charity, but he keeps a bankroll to allow him to enter more tournies.