Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 08:23 AM

Default World of Warcraft comes out Nov. 23

As a hard core role playing gamer, I have been looking forward to this release for over 3 years.

About 3 days ago I signed up for their Final Stress Test, prior to this upcoming Open Beta which I believe will start later this week.

Having only logged about 10 hours of playtime in the game thus far, I am very impressed once more with Blizzard. They have yet, still YET, to dissapoint me with a product that is even worth slandering.

Does anyone else here plan on playing World of Warcraft. The slated release date is Nov. 23rd. I'm probably going to be restarting all over again because very likely Blizzard will reset the servers and erase all characters, disallowing the character transfer.

Having said this, it means I will be devoting many hours a week to this game. Playing this new MMORPG will be using up a great deal of my leisure hours, depriving me of sleep till I reach level 60, and ultimately kill my social life. So where does poker fit in? Well, I won't be off to the cardroom anytime soon, but I still need my poker fix.

So I guess it's time for me to finally seriously take up playing poker online. One hour of online play with even just 2 tables would equal 4-5 hours of playing live. Yep, it's going to be a challenge for me because I've yet to beat the limit games online. But I think balancing out online poker with online role playing games will be a great way to get my tilt factor off.

So, is anyone else going to be playing this?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: World of Warcraft comes out Nov. 23

Got my account last night and just logged out at 6:30 in the a.m. Had to get to level 10 and get my voidwalker. I'm kinda disapointed that I've been able to play all night and not see any pvp. In AC I'd be ganking noobs in the starter towns by now.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:41 PM

Eihli do you recognize my avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 08:04 PM

i'll never forget. god i miss that game. it's sad that a computer game can invoke such strong feelings of nostalgia.

did you play DT?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 PM

yes, Who were you? I played Eryxis, Nemesis Enforcer, Dread Pirate Robert, and several others. I ran bloodchain for a while if you were ever in it.

edit

And yes it really is weird that a game can evoke such strong emotions. I still have an account that a friend is paying for (my lvl ~240 War/resist/missile D mage) I can play him any time I like, but poker has taken over.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:41 PM

i played duffed, archmage nefilim, scq, loktakwah, krogoth, and woolygimp.

i started out playing on TD since that's where all my friends played. when i found out about DT i figured i'd save the trouble of having to level all the way back up to 40 on a new server so i tried trading my matty robe for an account on DT and ended up giving it to some guy who then squelched me and recalled. this was back when they sold for 150+ on ebay. yeah i was new. :/ welcome to mmorpg eh? i ended up getting it back though because once i got on DT i'd find amuli tops/bottoms that looked like GSA and i'd trade them to people as real GSA. what a rush. i'd put a set of my friends real gsa in the trade window so they could id it. then i'd say something like "sec, aim keeps minimizing me." and i'd close the trade window and stall for a few seconds like i was replying. then i'd open the trade window again and put the fake gsa in there and they wouldn't bother iding it this time.

i had the most fun playing duffed. i started him right after the hollow weapon patch. he was my first character on DT before i knew anything about the game. a spec ua train creature/life/item/lockpick/healing. me and a friend (spec staff/life 100str/foc/self) owned vesayen back then from lvls 20-40. we played from the same room so we had perfect communication while fighting and we could take 3-4 level 50+'s at a time. this was before they fixed jump-heal/jump-log/recall-timers/portal-log/everything else that didn't need to be fixed.

i tried playing again a few months ago and soloed my way up to lvl 100 from scratch in about a month and realized the game had turned to [censored].
Old 11-08-2004, 01:58 AM

I played on Guinevere, did anyone play there?

Ponks/John
Old 11-05-2004, 10:09 AM

I never got into the Warcraft series...hope ya like it though!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:31 PM

This is the strangest reason I've ever heard for switching from B&M to online play.

I'll be there on 11/23, too. Game looks sick.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the strangest reason I've ever heard for switching from B&M to online play

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can't spend 4+ hours a night in a cardroom if I'm going to be playing WoW 8+ hours a night and try to hit level 60 in 2 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

So what I'll probably do is just play 1 - 2 hours online.