Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Can I sell my Step tourney entry?

Just won entry into a Step 4 single table tourney. Anyone know if I can sell/transfer it to another player?

ts-
Old 01-04-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Can I sell my Step tourney entry?

no
Old 01-04-2005, 05:00 AM

Irieguy made a post last week about how to do it. It is complicated and requires and understanding of high-level molecular physics . . . but it can be done.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Irieguy post. I just checked it and since I barely passed high school chemistry, I don't think that's the route I'm going to take. Btw - I just got an answer back from PP about whether or not I could transfer the entry to a friend. Here's the reply:

"Thank you for contacting us.

With the reference to this e-mail I understand that you want to transfer your free roll to your friend.
I am really sorry to say but you will not be able to transfer the free roll to your friends account."

Figures - guess I just have to try my luck at a step 4 now.

ts-
Old 01-04-2005, 03:57 PM

You freaking clown, if you didn't want to play the step 4, you shouldn't have entered the step 3.

citanul, who will now race Aleo to poohbah, but probably be less insightful along the way.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:12 PM

This is just what party was hoping for when they created steps.

People would play above their head, and instead of taking profits, lose them all into the system. The top players make more money this way, and the fish just keep on contributing.

Usually a new program has a good benefit to the site, not the player.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just what party was hoping for when they created steps.

People would play above their head, and instead of taking profits, lose them all into the system. The top players make more money this way, and the fish just keep on contributing.

Usually a new program has a good benefit to the site, not the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The site gets most of the money from STEPS. They are not doing this out of kindness to "top players". The math has been run, and the juice on STEPS tournaments is absurd.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/walterzuey/35457.html
Old 01-04-2005, 09:15 PM

In the case of the STEPS tourneys, I think that the benefit will really just be to the top players. I think that the site will be losing in the long run.

The reason is that instead of bad players shuffling their money around the poker economy against other bad players(and constantly letting it ALL slip away in rake), a lot of this cash is now ending up in the hands of top players where it will obviously never end up back in the poker economy.

The bad players will go broke quicker, and long term rake revenues will be less than normal SNGs with less vig.

That's my opinion anyways

Regards
Brad S
Old 01-04-2005, 04:24 PM

I think I know how you feel. I started with a Step 1 tourney a few days ago and now have a Step 4 entry. My experience up until now has been mostly at 10+1, so I'm not as confident at higher buy-ins as I could be. Considering the potential payoff, I definitely don't want to waste this Step 4 entry by just diving in without stronger shark repellent.

What I've decided to do is wait a couple of weeks before using it. I've been datamining Step 4 and Step 5 tourneys for the past two days, and will continue to do so. There are a lot of regulars, and I think I've already accumulated some pretty valuable data. In addition, I'm getting HOH this afternoon, and I plan to immerse myself in it and test out Harrington's techniques on other SNGs before I tackle the Step 4.

After that, I'm gonna bust that Gigabet guy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My experience up until now has been mostly at 10+1, so I'm not as confident at higher buy-ins as I could be. Considering the potential payoff, I definitely don't want to waste this Step 4 entry by just diving in without stronger shark repellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also started at step 1 and usually play 20+2's, and I'd rather take the $500 than test myself in a step 4 or 5. At this point, the $500 would also be a nice drop into my bankroll.

Have you read any of the Harrington yet? Is it any good or anything that we haven't heard before?

Also, when you say you're datamining, do you mean that you're tracking observed tables with PT?

thanks for the help and support,

ts-