Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 09:46 AM

Default limping w QTo

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button is a 22/15/2 TAG seems reasonable enough postflop
UTG is 50/3/1 and bad postflop
MP is 46/0/0,5 and... yeah bad...
SB is 33/10/0 and... meh
BB is 50/10/1 and very loose from the BB

Every street is probably questionable...

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: limping w QTo

Preflop is OK. Flop must be 3 bet and I don't think it's close. That changes the whole hand from there.

Button either has AK or JJ. AK look more likely.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chance of button having JJ here is exactly 0 %
Old 10-01-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chance of button having JJ here is exactly 0 %

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, were 2 jacks exposed?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:45 PM

Why would he just call here with a set of jacks??
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he just call here with a set of jacks??

[/ QUOTE ]

To trap everyone in for the big bet on the turn. It's called a slowplay and people do it sometimes.

I'm confused [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 10:06 AM

3-bet the flop. With so many people in you have a lot of equity. Raise the turn. I like the river.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:11 AM

after raising the turn and not being 3-bet, would you like the river? I think if you raise the turn and aren't 3bet a river bet is necessary.

But i play lower limits, so teach...
Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Thoughts

limping preflop is ok I think. Too good of a hand to fold but not good enough to raise as i canīt isolate any one player...

Flop: I donkbet in hopes of BT will raise hands like AJ,KJ or AK,clearing the field for me. But alas, he just calls. But that narrows BT:s holdings down quite a bit since there arenīt many hands he would just call with. When SB raises i decide to just call and raise any Turncard that isnīt A,K or a T...

Once the Turn comes a T and BT raises there are really just one hand he could have and that is AK with a distant chance of TT...

And the river is a easy CR I think, trapping the SB...
Old 10-01-2005, 10:14 PM

Preflop is OK I guess although I hate to load the bases with TAG button up next. I might just let this go or I might raise light to grab the button. It's all close.

I don't like the flop bet very much. I don't expect him to raise me with slick. I expect to be raised when I'm beat and just called when I'm ahead. The only major exceptions are AJ and KJ which are likely to raise. Anyway the one thing I'm sure of is betting won't eliminate the one player I really want gone unless his hand is hopeless.

I prefer to let him bet my hand for me, see what everyone does, and then checkraise if all is going well.

[ QUOTE ]
Heīs not a donk you know...

[/ QUOTE ]
But apparently I am. I don't visualize a good player like you betting a draw directly in front of me. Accordingly I expect you will bet again on the turn unless someone beats you to it and I will happily raise.

It is true that the board is scary and that there *might* be more protection value in immediately confronting the field with two bets, but I'm not going to worry about that. My hand and my draw are so strong that anyone who ever folds has definitely done the right thing. I'll focus on maximizing my profit by making people call as much as possible.

For button to call-raise the flop when he acts after both of you would be really bad. Now the turn raise is completely set up while the immediate reraise would give away his hand.

Raise the turn to protect your hand and maximize your profit.

River is good. Just realize that it could backfire to QQ/JJ. One raise will be enough.