Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which do you use?
GameTimePlus 27 34.18%
PlayerView 21 26.58%
Neither (yet!) 31 39.24%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Would you tell someone about 2+2?

I thought about this after being repremanded by a fellow two plus two member about telling someone about the 2+2 forum during a shorthanded game on party. If someone asked you for poker advice, would you inform them of the two plus two forum or the sklansky books?
Old 01-16-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Would you tell someone about 2+2?

If someone asked me for my advice on an internet table I would tell them to do some googling and read every book they can get their hands on. But because I don't try to create a table image of an exceptional player, I don't see myself ever getting asked this question.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:39 AM

First off, your avatar is creepy as hell, emonrad.

Secondly, I never try to better anyone elses game at the table. Why teach someone how to beat you and take your money?
Old 01-16-2005, 03:03 AM

I have told my friends who are serious about poker and who want to become good players about it. However, I would never say "two plus two" or "david sklansky" or anything else dangerous on an internet table. I don't mind my friends improving and becoming better poker players, but I don't want the general poker population to improve. It isn't difficult for someone who wants to learn how to play poker to find out how, with google, twoplustwo, etc. Any player who really wants to conquer the game is probably eventually going to find twoplustwo and their books. On the other hand, mentioning it on an internet table probably wouldn't be devastating, simply because most "fish" don't really try to improve their poker game (afaik)--they see the game as a fun gamble, not an investment or something that can be conquered. I just wouldn't take the risk, though.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:31 AM

the players who are actually willing to take the time to learn the game deserve to, i dont think its fair of you to withhold information from the small populus of players that fit this category. most people that you link to twoplustwo.com are just going to skim it over and say "nice site." theyll never look at it again. either that or theyll just rant with the leeches in the WPT forum.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the players who are actually willing to take the time to learn the game deserve to, i dont think its fair of you to withhold information from the small populus of players that fit this category. most people that you link to twoplustwo.com are just going to skim it over and say "nice site." theyll never look at it again. either that or theyll just rant with the leeches in the WPT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not fair? How is it not fair to withhold information from your sworn enemy at the table? Are you kidding? Do you tell the same person your two hole cards because it wouldn't be fair if he had to play his hand without knowing your hand?

Are you serious?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:50 AM

This is exactly what everyboyd should be thinking no other comments are needed.
I have told my friends who are serious about poker and who want to become good players about it. However, I would never say "two plus two" or "david sklansky" or anything else dangerous on an internet table. I don't mind my friends improving and becoming better poker players, but I don't want the general poker population to improve. It isn't difficult for someone who wants to learn how to play poker to find out how, with google, twoplustwo, etc. Any player who really wants to conquer the game is probably eventually going to find twoplustwo and their books. On the other hand, mentioning it on an internet table probably wouldn't be devastating, simply because most "fish" don't really try to improve their poker game (afaik)--they see the game as a fun gamble, not an investment or something that can be conquered. I just wouldn't take the risk, though.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I would never say "two plus two" or "david sklansky" or anything else dangerous on an internet table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like saying Candyman in front of the mirror?

david sklansky, David Sklansky, DAVID SKLANSKY!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, your avatar is creepy as hell, emonrad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize and endorse your avatar emonard.

Also, I don't think I would tell anyone but very close friends about 2+2, and even then, I'm not sure if I would. Close friends that I play poker with don't need to get better =)
Old 01-16-2005, 04:52 AM

i find it amazing that few of my friends that i tell about this website actually end up making it here, yet they all want me to tell them how to be a good player.

peace

john nickle