Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 02:41 AM

Default AKo am i leaking or making good choices?

i have AsKc in the cutoff. 15-30 amazing live game. a passive player raises utg preflop, utg+1 passive player calls, 2 more players call, i call, button who plays every hand calls, sb calls, bb calls. 8 of us.

the flop is Ac8d6d rainbow. checked to utg who bets, utg+1 calls, someone else calls, i call thinking id like to raise on the turn, button now raises, he's regularly aggressive on the flop. blinds fold, others call, i call. 5 of us now.

the turn is 3c. checked to me and i bet, everyone calls. 5 of us still.

the river is 6h. checked to me and i bet.

comments?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: AKo am i leaking or making good choices?

I really like what you did here. I would've checked the river way too often.

PS i know there are other preflop, flop, and turn options...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:57 AM

I would have played it the exact same way.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:57 AM

I like your logic, but I think the button screws up your plans. After he raises the flop bet, and everybody calls, I would be awefully tempted to 3 bet and trap the peoople that have 2 or 3 outs for as many bets as possible. Any flush draw or straight draw is coming, correctly so, and i'd like to get my overlay now on the people I believe I have dominated.

Maybe I'm leaking.

lf
Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 AM

actually, I think the flop is the key street, and not raising the key decision....
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 AM

"actually, I think the flop is the key street, and not raising the key decision...."

could you explain why specifically? i think the idea of a call/3 bet is good and i almost did at the time...
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"actually, I think the flop is the key street, and not raising the key decision...."

could you explain why specifically? i think the idea of a call/3 bet is good and i almost did at the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that line, but I like calling more by a fair amount. It gets the most money in the pot by the river IMO whether you are ahead or not.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, I think the flop is the key street, and not raising the key decision....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that not being the initial raiser on the flop is the right way to go. It greatly increases your chances of being able to trap 3 or 4 players for 2 big bets on the turn. This plan gets flushed down the pooper, however, when the button decides to raise the flop, and most of the field calls. Given that this happened, I think your above statment could not be more wrong, and I'll actually write out why, instead of some useles kryptic one line answer.

It certainly appears that the blinds were folding no matter what, and that 5 people (mike +4) are seeing this turn card. That means 8sb's that don't belong to Mike. The buttons raise is going to induce everybody to check to the button on the turn, eliminating Mikes ability to get them for 2 big bets (one at a time). The bet will no longer come from EP, and checking this turn after its checked to you is insane. We know what actually happened, they all checked and Mike bet, and they all called. This hand plays out exactly the same, I would wager, if he 3 bets the flop, except now he gets an extra 4sb's in the pot from the field.

I honestly don't see how you cannot 3bet this.

lf
Old 07-01-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't see how you cannot 3bet this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly
Old 07-01-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your logic, but I think the button screws up your plans. After he raises the flop bet, and everybody calls, I would be awefully tempted to 3 bet and trap the peoople that have 2 or 3 outs for as many bets as possible. Any flush draw or straight draw is coming, correctly so, and i'd like to get my overlay now on the people I believe I have dominated.

Maybe I'm leaking.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed