Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Sit with max when 200 BB is allowed ?

Hi,

I understand that you should allways sit sown with max.

I.e. 100 NL, sit down with 100 $.

But at Apsolute Poker, at 0.50/1.0, you can sit down with 200, instead of normally 100.

Should you sit down with 200 here allways ?

Or does it matter what the others sit with ?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Sit with max when 200 BB is allowed ?

you should ALWAYS sit with as much money as possible. that way, you can always get the maximum amount of money from your opponent when they go all-in and you have the nuts.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM

depends on your playstyle - if you are TAG nut-peddler then max buy in makes sense as you aren't going to commit your chips without a premium hand - if you're a LAG who likes to push with QQ or a flush draw on the flop with one overcard then a 50% buy-in might be a better idea [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
depends on your playstyle - if you are TAG nut-peddler then max buy in makes sense as you aren't going to commit your chips without a premium hand - if you're a LAG who likes to push with QQ or a flush draw on the flop with one overcard then a 50% buy-in might be a better idea [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, a LAG should buy-in for the max all the time, every single time. That way you can really LAG it up.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:20 PM

i started as a limit player, so buying in short has helped me make the change. i have been buying in short lately, so i can play almost limit style, but make more money than if i were playing limit. also, i agree that people seem to pay me off a lot more, because they assume i suck donkey balls because of my short stack. while i'm not great, i usually still have the best hand when the money goes in. i'm not sure if they would pay me off as much if i had a full buy-in, but my results have been quite good so far. next week i might go back up to the full buy-in and try to play poker again. if you start tilting, i recommend buying short. it helps.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you start tilting, leave. it helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-14-2005, 11:58 AM

I just re-read this entire post, and there is some stunningly bad advice in here. Whew.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:39 PM

If you feel you play better than others at the table, then yes, I would say you want to have them covered at all times if possible.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:42 PM

This depends a lot on the table and on your play. If $200 is too much for you to put in on a single hand, don't play with that much.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This depends a lot on the table and on your play. If $200 is too much for you to put in on a single hand, don't play that high.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

You do have to be aware of how the table is playing, though. I play in two local games where the max buy-in is greater than the standard 100BB, and I always buy-in for the max, even if most other players are buying in short. I used to play a large stack very poorly. If this is your case, then I agree somewhat with xorbie.

But at the same time, would you also quit every time you built your stack to 200BB during a session? If the answer is no, then buy the full amount.