Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Worst. Reporting. Ever.

Jesus Fergusuon!

How many times must we suffer through multiple sevens of diamonds in the same hand, chopping a pot with king high versus three aces, and a Q8 being called the nuts on a board containing K88*?

All the sites are doing it, too.

Proofread people!

Proofread.

* yeah the wang coming over the top of butt with his nuts is funny, but still.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Worst. Reporting. Ever.

It really is hard to believe. The following made me laugh out loud:

Steve Dannenmann doubles up through Rod Pardey, Jr.
Pardey bet 100k on a flop of [A 9 5] and Dannenmann reraised all in for 400k more. Pardey called and showed [A 9] for top pair. Dannenmann showed [5 5] for a set. The turn and river came [6][5], giving Dannenman a boat. Dannenmann now has over one million in chips.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pardey bet 100k on a flop of [A 9 5] and Dannenmann reraised all in for 400k more. Pardey called and showed [A 9] for top pair. Dannenmann showed [5 5] for a set. The turn and river came [6][5], giving Dannenman a boat. Dannenmann now has over one million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's cardplayer.com's version:
[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-12 23:49:00
Title: Steve Dannenmann Doubles Through Rod Pardey
Log: After a flop of A-9-5, Rod Pardy and Steve Dannenmann are both all in. Pardy shows A-9 (two pair), but Dannenmann has pocket fives for a set. Dannenmann needs to catch a nine or an ace to eliminate Dannenman. The turn card is the 6, and the river card is -- a 5. Dannenmann makes four of a kind to cripple Pardy down to about $245,000. Dannenmann increases his chip stack to roughly $1,250,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Dannemann didn't catch that nine or ace that he "needed", he'd have ended up eliminating himself.

Good grief. I just went over to pokerwire.com, and they have some very confusing news about this particular hand:
[ QUOTE ]

Dannenman doubles through Pardey Jr. again
With a board showing [A][9][5], Pardey Jr. [A][9] went up against] Dannenman's [5][5]. Dannenman's lead increased when the board filled with [6][5] and Pardey Jr.'s chip stack plummeted to 245k while Dannenman's stack increased to 1,250,000.

2005 WSOP
[Event 42] $10,000
No Limit
Hold'em
Main Event
Jul 13, 2005
02:52:02 EDT Steve Dannenmann doubles up through Rod Pardey, Jr.
Pardey bet 100k on a flop of [A][9][5] and Dannenmann reraised all in for 400k more. Pardey called and showed [A][9] for top pair. Dannenmann showed [5][5] for a set. The turn and river came [6][5], giving Dannenman a boat. Dannenmann now has over $1million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently this same hand happened twice, within a short period of time. What are the odds?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My point exactly.

There has to be at least fifty more from cardplayer, pokerwire, and gutshot over the last three days....
Old 07-13-2005, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There has to be at least fifty more from cardplayer, pokerwire, and gutshot over the last three days....

[/ QUOTE ]

So, are you saying that the 3 leading WSOP reporting sites all made similar errors (maybe not all on the same hand) many times?

Geez, can you believe it...Shaq, Duncan, Nash AND RAY ALLEN all missed freethrows in the playoffs too.

Nobody's perfect. If it was one site that was making blunders, you'd have a legit complaint. Since they all are, maybe it's tricky to have 100% accurate reporting on 100% of the vital hands 100% of the time.

Take a deep breath. Again.

Josh
Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 AM

this has been happening the entire series. seems logical that the errors would escalate in a a higher tension setting.

calm down. as long as you guys understand who wins the pots and what the chip counts are, who cares?

the only thing i can understand you guys whinning about was the huge messup on cardplayer for the chip counts, but i was out so i dont even know how severe that was...
Old 07-13-2005, 03:49 AM

Josh, they aren't just "errors".

They are typos and such that hit the wire with nary a proofread.

I hate repeating myself, but "Any amateur could immediately recognize and catch these poker oxymorons before they ever hit the wire, with one simple proof."
Old 07-13-2005, 04:49 AM

typos aren't 'errors'????

there is a need for speed. whichever site has the fastest updates will get the most hits, period.

if you want more accurate reporting, just wait for ESPN's broadcast or for a cardplayer magazine in September.

if you want faster reporting, with a possible accuracy glitch, go to the websites. you really have a simple decision.

and it isn't that simple of proofreading. in the case of two 7 of diamonds, a proofreader could see "yep, that must be wrong", but they'd have NO IDEA of what the actual card is. and, to go back and find out may very well be impossible. sure, they could just substitute an inconsequential card.

or you can, when you read it.

Hey, look, Manny Ramirez struck out. Worst. Batter. Ever.

Josh
Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 AM

Worst. Seventh. Post. Ever.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst. Seventh. Post. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

But quite a beautiful, masterfully crafted 579th, huh?