Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:10 AM

Default looting and race...

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]this is a politically incorrect post..

as i watched the looting in n.o.; it was obvious to me that is was primarily one particular race involved; these people were casually breaking into another person's property forcfully; taking whatever they wanted; then walking out overloaded with expensive merchandise; none of which would be usefull immediately to survive; and no shame or attempt to cover up; or hide what they were doing...

same people a few years ago in l.a. were outraged that a repetitve dui, drugee, who lead police on a dangerous long chase was mistreated by police;...so it was this same race that felt it was appropriate to stop drivers ofanother race; drag them from their truck and beat them nearly to death...and of course loot and steal; "to get revenge"..again with no shame or regard for other people or their property rights...

oh yeah, the blackout in nyc about 35 years ago; the same race of people stole indiscriminately; taking whatever they wanted and "it was owed them"..again no shame or one ounce of concern for a person or their private property...

again and agian...; these people have shown their true colours; ahem, so to speak...

how much longer do we have to go on with this facade of: 'it's not their fault; they are disadvantaged"

why can we not judge someone , by their charactor ( as mlk jr asked people to do ) rather than continually excusing them

i am outraged

but every liberal in amica will defend these raping marauding thugs

that's my beef

and i'm sticking by it

gl

jmho

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: looting and race...

And when will Southern people learn how to spell and speak English? Go back to watching NASCAR you dumb hick.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And when will Southern people learn how to spell and speak English? Go back to watching NASCAR you dumb hick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in LA area during the riots. At the time I made the observation that it was nearly all blacks doing the rioting and looting. I only saw what was on TV because being a cracker, I wasn't about to venture out and scope things out for myself(not after seeing what happened to Reginald Denny). When things finally calmed down the blacks I had interacted with over the next few days seemed genuinely ashamed and embarrassed. I'll be honest my respect for blacks dropped after those riots. I hope no one noticed

Since then I had the chance to work with a lot of blacks who are in the military and that experience has helped increase my respect for blacks.

Anyways, the OP wasn't born with his prejudices. He was either taught them by his parents or he aquired them through his life experiences. Hes not the only guilty party.

Stu
Old 09-01-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in LA area during the riots. At the time I made the observation that it was nearly all blacks doing the rioting and looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think this may have something to do with what set off all the looting and rioting? I'm not condoning the behavior, but the initial riots started for a very obvious reason.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was in LA area during the riots. At the time I made the observation that it was nearly all blacks doing the rioting and looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think this may have something to do with what set off all the looting and rioting? I'm not condoning the behavior, but the initial rioting started for a very obvious reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious reason was not so obvious. Remember Rodney King never repaid society for his dangerous high speed flight and resisting arrest with force, but that is never mentioned in polite society. The cops who subdued this violent man had to pay a penalty for doing their job as best as they could. Its called a Double Standard and yet you call it an "obvious reason." The rioters made their own rules, and they also got off with criminality - they should have gone to jail.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doing their job as best as they could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah.

I'm not going to debate the L.A. riots with you, and you completely ignored the point of my post.

The reason for them rioting IS obvious. The reason why one specific race of people were angry in this case IS obvious. To say otherwise is to ignore reality. Whether they were right or wrong is not the subject of my post or relevant to my point. You would like it to be, as then you could hijack the topic and make it your own, but it's not about that.

My post was simply to point out the obvious:
Black people were the ones who had the anger over the issue, so of course they are the people you saw in the L.A. riots. It's pretty simple.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think this may have something to do with what set off all the looting and rioting? I'm not condoning the behavior, but the initial rioting started for a very obvious reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get a chance, go back and watch some of the tapes of the looting that happened in LA. The people looting don't seem angry. They seem happy and appear to be having a good time. At the time I formed the belief that the people doing the looting were using Rodney King as an excuse to comit crimes.

I haven't watched any of the looting down in New Orleans so I don't know if those looters appear happy or not.

Stu
Old 09-01-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They seem happy and appear to be having a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Undoubtedly many of the looters were quite happy! They got material goods, and were sticking it to the man. I'm sure the material gain seemed quite fun, and filled them with a certain sense of vindication.

Again, trying to debate whether they were right, wrong, left, horizontal, or drawn upside down has nothing to do with my point.

The riot happened. You basically said that you only saw black people rioting and looting during the L.A. riots. This isn't interesting, because the people who started the riots and looting were initially upset about a racial issue. It doesn't really follow that you would find anything telling about black people rioting and looting in a riot started by black people about racial issues.

Once the riots started, it's a bit odd to act surprised or dismayed that the only race you saw rioting and looting was the source of the all the anger and unrest to begin with.

"Oh, look Gena! There are fish in the ocean! Who could've ever imagined we would find them there?"
Old 09-01-2005, 02:51 PM

The thing is there are good decent people of all races, and scummy people of all races.
White people loot and riot, watch Gangs of New York, which depicts the real historical event of the NY Draft riots in the 1860s. The rioters were mostly white, and guess what among the victims of the riots were blacks. The white mob even burned down a black orphanage during the riots, killing innocent black children.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:11 AM

slickpoppa, pleae do not engage in name-calling. Try to debate the issues rather than attacking the poster. Thanks.