Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 03:02 PM

Default PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative

After a lot of discussion regarding the commercialization of PlayerView, a lot of people have come to the same conclusion:

$50 is way too much for this application.

I completely agree. PlayerView was a great free application. However, it just doesn't cut it as a commercial application costing $50.

There's one alternative we have in GameTime+. GameTime+ is too limited for my use. I have decided that I am going to develop an application similar to PlayerView.

I haven't kept up with the problems/suggestions for features for PlayerView or GameTime+, so I'm asking for anyone who is reading this to give me features that you would like to see. I can't promise I will add every feature, but each one will be considered.

I haven't decided if I will charge for this application or not. If I do, it will very likely be $20 or less. If it's not too feature rich, I may release it as freeware.

If nothing else, the competition will force PlayerView to improve to the point where it's worth the $50 pricetag.

Thought? Comments? Discuss.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative

Im excited, this should be good.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM

Bravo! Stick it to those greedy bastards!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO to cheap people.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM

$20 would be reasonable compensation. $50 is outrageous, especially when Gametime+ is available for free.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh give me a [censored] break. You use the term "greedy" like it's a bad thing.

He has a product that people want and are willing to pay money for. It would be silly not to charge money at for it.

Personally, I disagree with the price, but simply because it is not worth $50 to me, I use GT+ anyway. But to suggest that Amir's greed in this matter is a bad thing is absurd. He has every right to extract every damn penny he can from this.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:33 PM

I never implied he had no right to charge what he sees fit.

I am disappointed that he'd charge such an exorbitant amount for a product which I find useful, especially when there's a perfectly good free alternative.

You'd be pretty pissed if you drank Coke, then woke up one morning and found out that it cost 50 times more than Pepsi.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd be pretty pissed if you drank Coke, then woke up one morning and found out that it cost 50 times more than Pepsi.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would not be pissed at all. If the product was worth it, I would pay for it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I would not be pissed at all. If the product was worth it, I would pay for it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So being faced with the choice of:

1. Having to pay an exorbitant fee to continue using a product you enjoy

or

2. Having to stop using that product because it just isn't worth the cost

wouldn't piss you off? I have a feeling that it would.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM

I don't exactly get what all this fuss is about, GT+ is out there right now for free and when I originally checked out PV and GT I felt GT was the better option anyway. I don't know exactly what features are missing in GT+ that PV uses other than the showdown cards and I can't imagine many other features that can be added to the program without it creating clutter on the screen. I also agree calling Amir greedy is unbelievable, he has worked on the program for many months now and spent god knows how many hours working on all of the bugs and listening to people's complaints while expecting nothing in return, and now when he tries to get some compensation for his hard work he is called greedy.