Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Only 1 woman left --- anyone know anything about her?

didn't think we'd be down to 1 woman with over 70 left but we are. Too bad, i was actually hoping that more woman would make it far to start getting more woman into the game.

Although it seems she has one of the top stacks left, which is good.

Anyways, i do hope she goes very far, which would be good for the game.

And hey, if she looks good on camera too, that would be a further boost.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Only 1 woman left --- anyone know anything about her?

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad, i was actually hoping that more woman would make it far to start getting more woman into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I view this as one of the most uninteresting topics of poker discussion as of late. I'm not rooting for women to fail, of course, but then again I really don't care how the blue-eyed poker players do as a group either.

How about the best poker player of the 70 remaining winning the championship? That seems to me a much better result to root for than whether or not the champion-to-be happens to have a vagina.

Besides, if you're interested in that, Jennifer Tilly already demonstrated that a female non-pro can win a WSOP bracelet. All you have to do is date Phil Laak.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Tilly already demonstrated that a female non-pro can win a WSOP bracelet. All you have to do is date Phil Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comparison is a little silly don't you think? Tilly won a woman's event. Williamson winning the ME would be huge for poker.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Tilly already demonstrated that a female non-pro can win a WSOP bracelet. All you have to do is date Phil Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comparison is a little silly don't you think? Tilly won a woman's event. Williamson winning the ME would be huge for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was a little silly. Mostly because it was intended to be such. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yes, you are correct - I was not aware that it was the womens'-only event. But no, I still don't give a rip what set of genitals the next WSOP champ has.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do is date Phil Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and play in the women only event.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do is date Phil Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and play in the women only event.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you guys talking about?
Phil Ivey won the ladies event. He's very sneaky.

Link
Old 07-13-2005, 11:22 AM

You are forgetting that both Annie Duke and Cyndy Violette won bracelets last year. And I think Kathy Liebert might have too. Didn't feel like checking - the point is that women HAVE won bracelets, and not because they're dating Phil Laak, and NOT because they were in the all-women's event.

Annie Duke specifically passed on the Ladies event to play the event that she ended up winning.

BTW - Phil Laak said he has no idea where Tilly learned to play poker, implying that he didn't teach her.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are forgetting that both Annie Duke and Cyndy Violette won bracelets last year. And I think Kathy Liebert might have too. Didn't feel like checking - the point is that women HAVE won bracelets, and not because they're dating Phil Laak, and NOT because they were in the all-women's event.

Annie Duke specifically passed on the Ladies event to play the event that she ended up winning.

BTW - Phil Laak said he has no idea where Tilly learned to play poker, implying that he didn't teach her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations - you missed the entire point of my post, and instead chose to launch a diatribe on the closing sentence which seemed to me when I wrote it to be very obviously facetious.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were in Omaha /8 and other crap games that nobody cares about in really small fields.. Bracelets like that shouldn't even be counted....
Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, if you're interested in that, Jennifer Tilly already demonstrated that a female non-pro can win a WSOP bracelet. All you have to do is date Phil Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a post is this?
Tilly won an event for women only.
Nobody but a lady can win it.
Each year, one lady will won a WSOP bracelet.
Annie Duke choose not to play there to just show she can compete with men.