Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Weird huge pot QQ hand

Party 15/30. This is the very first hand of my session but I have stats on the important players, not sure if the stats matter too much here.

Party Poker (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, CO and button both cold call, SB folds, I 3bet, everyone calls to the CO who caps, everyone calls.

CO is 25/10/1.7 Button is 37/3/0.6

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Checked to CO who bets, button calls, I raise, folded to CO who 3bets, button calls, I call.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Check to CO who bets, both call.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Checked to CO who bets, button calls, I call.

Comments?
Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Weird huge pot QQ hand

Why on earth didn't you lead the flop?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wanted to checkraise the capper. Why do you like a flop bet so much more?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wanted to checkraise the capper. Why do you like a flop bet so much more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a flop lead more because it's easier to put in 3 bets if I lead the flop.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The coldcall/cap just looks like BS and I can't be sure how people will react to a bet from him, if he even bets. I want them reacting to my bet as the last real aggressor and the person most likely to have a real hand.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The coldcall/cap just looks like BS and I can't be sure how people will react to a bet from him, if he even bets. I want them reacting to my bet as the last real aggressor and the person most likely to have a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting them to react to my checkraise and face two bets instead of one. On a hand protection basis I think CRing is better, but I'd like to be convinced it's not the right play. Please elaborate.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting them to react to my checkraise and face two bets instead of one. On a hand protection basis I think CRing is better, but I'd like to be convinced it's not the right play. Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

He coldcall capped. He's checking through more times than you want. If he raised limpers and capped your 3-bet I agree with your line.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:03 PM

This is fine imo.

I lead/3bet flop and call down if capped. The fact that he limp-reraised preflop and he is 25/10/2 could just mean he was pulling a move on you.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM

If CO isn't a maniac, I'd be worried that you are beat here. The best you can hope for is for him to turn over jacks up and to have the caller sporting the other two queens. My guess (without any knowledge whatsoever) is you lost to a higher overpair. What happened?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:56 PM

I think I'd want to get at least another bet/raise in there somewhere. The cold-call cap smells retardo to me and that board is not scary for you at all. Maybe a flop cap and a turn lead or a turn checkraise.