Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Stats post for 6max players

I have been beating the 2/4NL 6max on Party for 4-5BB/100 for some time now. I feel like I am hitting a wall in terms of improving my game, though. I don't need any money now, so I am taking most of August off to improve my game. I am reading Harrington's books, and now I'm asking for help from players who have been beating the 2/4 to 5/10 6max games. I want to do this by seeing if most people play these following hands different from me.

1) UTG (3 off the button in PT) in a 6max game, what is your VP$IP% and PFR% for the following hands?

(A) ATs
(B) AJo
(C) 22
(D) QTs
(E) 98s
(F) For comparative purposes, also post your overall VP$IP% and PFR%

2) You raise to $16 from the button before the flop with AJo. You are called by the small blind, who is a typical 2/4NL player (VP$IP 39 PFR 10, average agg. postflop). How often do you bet the following flops? Assume no backdoor draws. (A) Qs 6d 4h (B) 9d 8d 2s (C) 7h 6h 5h

3) What is your showdown winning percentage?

I know this is a good deal of work, but I'm hoping this can spark a discussion and help a lot of people on this forum, not just me. I will also post my stats after the thread develops... thanks for the help.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Stats post for 6max players

This whole post is kinda dumb imo, b/c there is no "correct" strategy for NL, so high PFR & VPIP works for some, and "relative" nut peddling works for others; just depends on your style. But I'll post anyways.

1) A lot depends on how table is...if it's really tight, I'd raise every hand there, but if it's really loose passive, I probably limp all of them but maybe raise 22 a small amount to juice pot. If it's LAG, I raise 22 and muck the rest. Don't have any stats. I'd assume 22 is 100% and the other 3 are pretty low, with 98s being the lowest (drawing hands oop are death)

2) both depends on specific opponent (if he will let me check hands down, I chk down A, but bet B)... but as a general rule, firing one barrell on both flops is probably good (don't need a full pot).

3) dunno
Old 08-18-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole post is kinda dumb imo, b/c there is no "correct" strategy for NL, so high PFR & VPIP works for some

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole post is kinda dumb imo, b/c there is no "correct" strategy for NL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:48 PM

I agree that this is kind of dumb too.

I mean c'mon...

As pointed out b4, some games are looser, some are tighter, some are more aggressive, some are more passive... and all this affects your hand selection and betting. And if it doesn't, well then maybe you've got something else to think about...

This also doesn't even take into account things like game selection. Some people are pickier than others when it comes to choosing what kinds of games you want to play in. Some people prefer shorthanded games, some people prefer full games. So that will affect things like % of flops seen blah blah blah. I could go on but you get the point.

You know what they say - bulldust baffles brains!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this is kind of dumb too.

I mean c'mon...

As pointed out b4, some games are looser, some are tighter, some are more aggressive, some are more passive... and all this affects your hand selection and betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I asked for VP$IP and PFR percentages for the hands... they average in every kind of game that the player plays in. I know how the 2/4NL Party games play, as a whole; therefore this data is useful to me. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]
This also doesn't even take into account things like game selection. Some people are pickier than others when it comes to choosing what kinds of games you want to play in. Some people prefer shorthanded games, some people prefer full games. So that will affect things like % of flops seen blah blah blah. I could go on but you get the point.

You know what they say - bulldust baffles brains!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph is sort of a good point. However, I have to imagine stats will converge somewhat over the long run. Although I'd like to play against 5 dumb LAGs every night, I can't. Also, I asked people to give me their stats from 3 off the button in 6max NL games; doing a little brief math will show you that this is sort of impossible if the game isn't full.

I'm kind of surprised at how many people are missing the point of this post, actually. If you know how to interpret this data it can actually serve some use. An extrapolation of this assertion can be found in my prior response to warlockjd.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:48 AM

you muck ATs pf?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably limp all of them

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole post is kinda dumb imo, b/c there is no "correct" strategy for NL, so high PFR & VPIP works for some, and "relative" nut peddling works for others; just depends on your style. But I'll post anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obvious to anyone who cal beat the $400 max for 5BB/100.

I disagree with those that think that these types of analyses (pfrz and flp % seen of hands) are totally unhelpful, given that the analyzer understands the above.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:26 AM

Keep in mind I haven't been playing 6max as long as others, but I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of what is going on. I am running at 23/12 over several 1000 hands, others in this forum deviate by +/-4 for both. I raise ATs, AJo, and 98s if I am going to play it, I fold it otherwise. I limp 22, and QTs is dependent on how the table is playing. Obviously conditions are totally dependent on your opponents, I often seek out games where lots of the players are too loose and too aggressive (I'm attracted to huge pots), causing me to fold more early and play more later. If you find a rock garden table, I raise all of these hands, it's completely player dependent. Try not to establish rules.

2) This is also dependent on the player, but I probably pot every flop.

3) 57%, but again, I'm sure my sample size is too small.