Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 07:47 PM

Default The rock, me, tweddle dee and tweedle dum

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

So the rock is UTG and is the preflop raiser, UTG+1 is a super LAG, and the CO is a SUPER passive calling station. UTG+1 will raise with nothing for fun and the CO I've seen call down with 33 on a board of KsTs9h4h5s.
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero???? I'm 75% sure the super calling sta will call behind me because he see's like 75% of his hands, the blinds are pretty loose so we're talking a pretty big pot. Is this an easy call or fold??

Well I called and the CO, and one blind called.

Flop: (12.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, MP2 folds, Hero???

First off UTG+1 raising could mean anything but UTG betting is a different story.

So I've got a gutshot and non-nut backdoor flush outs...If I hit I'm sure the CO and UTG+1 will pay me off big time and so will UTG. The problem is that UTG betting this flop pretty much means he has AA, AK, or KK so if I call it's very possible it comes back capped. So if I decide to proceed should I just 3-bet or call or am I better of folding.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: The rock, me, tweddle dee and tweedle dum

I think calling was a huge mistake pre-flop. 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a raise? And you thought UTG+1 was loose?

Post flop, I'd muck also, but it's closer. Your gutshot is to the nuts, but you're not getting sufficient odds to call, and it's possible the pot could be raised behind you again. Cut your losses.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Fold preflop, i don't think this is close even against bad players.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:09 PM

I think folding here preflop is a no brainer. Yes, it's going to be a big pot, but your implied odds are shot to crap with the raise preflop, really turning a 56s into a pure crap hand in this spot.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:37 PM

I personally think you need to fold this hand. Hitting your gutshot is like a dream, and the back door flush means you are trying to draw to a draw. You have nothing, save your money for the next time.

Despite what everyone else says, I think if I knew for a fact I was getting 5:1 odds preflop I would call 65s also regardless of the raise.