Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Will Party bring back the lower buy-in multi SNG\'s?

when Party first introduced the multitable SNG, they had plenty at the $5/1 and $10/1 buy-in, but this lasted for only the first day. now all i see are $30 and $20 ones. is there a reason why we don't see any at a lower buy-in, and are they going to bring them back?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Will Party bring back the lower buy-in multi SNG\'s?

I noticed that if you go through Party you only see the $20 and $30 ones and if you enter through Empire (which I only have logged in one night btw) had only $5 ones. I guess you might want to try logging in via Empire and you should have access to $5 multis.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:12 AM

FYI Empire and Party run completely distinct tournaments. It is odd Party has ditched the smaller multis if that is the case. That doesn't seem very cool of them. I had a quick look and saw only one $5 tournament currently offered at Party.

Just a suggestion for you, if you like smaller tournaments the $3 satellites at Pokerstars (often if not always rebuys) are a pretty good way to go I think. I like them because there is no vig and the Stars software and tournament structure is good.

You can take the winnings and use them to play sit and gos or other tournaments so you don't need to feel like you have to enter a $215 if you don't want to.

The only downside (which for me is not a downside) is that the top x places all pay the same so the bubble aspect is quite different.

Another alternative is UB, they seem to offer a bunch of small tourneys. It seems many of the players here don't play multis at UB for some reason, I never seem to have great luck there but I like their ring game software. I don't like their tournament interface very much. The are adding substantial money to the prize pool for small tournaments in the near future and that alone would probably drive me to play there.

Regards
Old 06-16-2004, 11:23 AM

I asked them this question but they answered it like a politician so i can only assume they have abandoned the idea, this is probably to do with the reduced rake they would receive from lower limit players. I can only imagine how much being able to play 20 and 30 seaters on party would improve my bankroll so I find it particularly annoying.

I have suggested to them that they make these available in the near future, or I may quit the site entirely, but it was more of an empty threat that anything. I'm not really sure whether they want winning players, losing players or what, I keep recycling my money and paying rake, so I suppose I'm good to them.

Regards ML