Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Party 250k hand

Midway through the Party 250k, I have JJ in early position. I have a few too many BB in my stack to push, so I raise 3xBB. Miniraise from LP, which I call. Pot is around 4k and we each have about 3k left.

Flop is J42, all diamonds. I check without really thinking about it. LP bets the minimum, which strikes me as bizarre, about 10% of the pot. The only way it makes sense to me is if he has... AK of diamonds.

Be that as it may, I check-raise all in, he calls, and sure enough, he has AK of diamonds. Next card off the deck is the case J...

It was a fun hand, but more to the point, how am I really supposed to play it?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Party 250k hand

I usually make a healthy size bet to give the impression that I have the flush. If I get played back into, I fold No way am I putting my tourney at risk against someone who has the nuts.

But nice that you spiked the 1 outer. More chips = good.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But nice that you spiked the 1 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recheck.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:25 PM

Even if you know he has a flush going all in is not a bad play. You have 7 outs for the turn, and assuming you don't hit you have 10 outs on the river.

Twodimes says you are 35% to win against AKd. If there is any chance he has a smaller flush and might fold or he doesnt have a flush at all then the all in here is going to be profitable. Both of these are possible and can't be ruled out.

The pot at this point is bigger then your stack, so I think all in is the only play that makes sense.