Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Floating in the open waters with 57s from the BB...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Same loose, passive game as the "AK vs. limp-reraise" post. SB is the loose-tricky limp-reraiser from before. No reads on the others players. I found the play of this hand fairly complicated, and I tried to use third-level thinking, although I realize that I could still could have been off in left field.

Preflop: chesspain is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, chesspain calls, UTG calls <font color="blue">(since I'm getting 7:1, I thought that this was an easy call)</font>.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, chesspain checks, UTG folds, MP3 checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, chesspain checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, chesspain calls <font color="blue">(unless MP3 is super weak-tight, her flop check/turn bet smelled like a bluff bet with AK; I would have been tempted to checkraise if not for the presence of the SB. I decided to just call and see what the river brings)</font>.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls. <font color="blue"> (Since I can't imagine that SB would try for a checkraise here with a better hand on this scary board, I decided to take a swing with what may well be the best hand, and see if either player will call with A-high, or see if SB might dump a hand like 66/77/88. </font>

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between chesspain and SB.</font>
Old 06-13-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Floating in the open waters with 57s from the BB...

I bet the turn, as I also put MP3 on big cards and I figure that SB would have bet himself if he isnt too passive.

I´m not sure your call is good after MP bets and SB calls. Might be though.
I dont really like the river bet either as I dont see them calling with worse hands and I could put SB on a flushdraw here. I think he will call again if he called the turn with 88-66.