Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Did I play this JJJ set to passive?!

Hi!

The reads I have on BB is that he bluff a lot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Yehaa I got a set!

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Here I started to get afraid becaus of the possible stright and flush when I got checkraised. Thats why I only call.

River: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

I have a pretty high flush so I call ofcours but I am afraid of a higher flush than mine. Would have calld even if I would not have had a spade because he has bluffed earlier.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Some comments... Thanks!
Old 06-12-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Did I play this JJJ set to passive?!

I think this is fine. If your read on BB makes you think he'd bet into the flop, you would be better to checkraise there, although it is risky because of the flush draw.

I'd basically want to play this as fast as I could...checkraise if possible, bet out if there's a risk it will check around.

Even if it does check around and a spade turns, you're not too much of a dog to river your full house, so you'd have to call.
bk
Old 06-12-2004, 07:49 PM

Default The result?!

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ah 9d (high card, ace).
Hero shows Js Jc (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. </font>

And belive me, my note for that person is still bluff a lot!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:49 AM

I like your play on all streets except for the turn. I think you missed a bet here. I would 3 bet, if he caps when I could check/call the river since he's a nut. If he just calls I would come out betting on the river with no spade and if there was a spade check/call.

If you play this slow and lose to a hand like a gutshot or something silly like runner runner you'll be mad at yourself. If he's truely a nut he won't drop anyone but you have lots of odds with you.

I think bennyk has the position messed up since you can't go for a check/raise when you are behind them all.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your play on all streets except for the turn. I think you missed a bet here. I would 3 bet, if he caps when I could check/call the river since he's a nut. If he just calls I would come out betting on the river with no spade and if there was a spade check/call.

If you play this slow and lose to a hand like a gutshot or something silly like runner runner you'll be mad at yourself. If he's truely a nut he won't drop anyone but you have lots of odds with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the showdown did I think a litel like this too. Thats why I posted this hand. It is just that I get so xxxx scared. And yes if he would have got a stright or something like that at the river, then had I got really disiponted at myself. But I still think it is a close de decision. But I guess that you are right since he was a person that bluff a lot and that do often mean semibluffs.

Have to stop beeing so afraid.....
Old 06-13-2004, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to stop beeing so afraid.....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the most important and hardest things to learn. But will improve your BB/100 as you get better.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:55 PM

Yes, you're right.
bk