Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 11:50 PM

Default What just happened here?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

I was so giddy after this hand!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:55 PM

Default Re: What just happened here?

How come you raised pf here from SB? b/c no one else did and you thought you were ahead?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come you raised pf here from SB? b/c no one else did and you thought you were ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahead, no?

I think there is probably an Ace out there somewhere, but I think KJs is a good enough hand to raise when you have limpers as you have alot of ways to make a very good hand and raising will give you odds on future streets to hang around on any straight or flush draws.

Also this raise is table dependent. I have shown down and won some good hands that I have played aggressively. I am hoping these people remember that and play accordingly, which is why I bet out on the flop. Usually this is a useless ploy becuase as many know micro players are like a pair of dice, they dont remember the last roll, but in this instance it worked like a charm.

And I dunno, but this hand just felt like I did it right, it felt like I played it like an expert player would have. I dont get that feeling very often, if ever. In most hands, even the ones where I drag a big pot, there is always the should have I or the what ifs, this hand there just wasnt.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raising will give you odds on future streets to hang around on any straight or flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting or raising for the purpose of giving yourself odds to chase on later streets is generally not a good idea. That being said, I will occasionally raise KJs from the blinds.