Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Please help me pick a tracker

I have been playing live for about a year now, I believe I have a solid understanding of the game, but I'm looking to get a deeper analysis of my play.

From what I have read online, poker tracker seems to be the standard, but there are several other programs available.

Please help me select the program that will be most beneficial to me.... here is some background information.

About half of the games I play are Party Poker SNG's. The other half are live games, usually tournaments, sometimes ring. During live play, I play with anywhere from 5-10 people at my table.

I would like to get a cost effective program. I am hoping to stay under 75 dollars if possible (I know poker tracker is less than that).

I am not good with computers. I would like the program that has an easy to use interface, especially for loading hands.

I would like a program that gives a thorough analysis of both session statistics (winnings, BB\hour, exc) but that also allows me to analyze statistics like how often I win from each position, percentage of times i call from different positions, flops seen\won, and most importantly, how I do playing different hands. Does software like this exist?

I am willing to spend more for a program that will allow me to do all of the functions listed above. The most important elements to me are (in order): works with party poker, allows for a wide variety of analysis, able to load in games that I did no play online (preferably allowing me to load both hands played and session results, but at least allowing me to load something), not to difficult to use.

Any suggestions? Are there any portable programs?

Thanks
cassise
Old 06-08-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Please help me pick a tracker

Please also include links to the websites the software can be found at, if at all possible. If anybody knows where I can find stat king and poker stats to that I can see what they have to offer, please let me know.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Please help me pick a tracker

There is a thread currently ongoing in this forum regarding pokertracker vs pokeroffice. I haven't used pokeroffice although it sounds quite good. I use pokertracker which is excellent and fits all the requirements you state plus is very reasonable in cost with excellent customer support. I'm not sure if you can enter live games because I have never tried although I do vaguely recall something about manually entering hand histories.

Anyway its free for the first 1000 hands imported so why don't you just download it and see for yourself. If you don't like it after you've tried it just don't buy it. Somehow though I can't see you not buying it once you've tried it.

Think the website is www.pokertracker.com

GL

Mackas