Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 12:41 AM

Default Possible 2+2 WCOOP Qualifier

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the interest level was in playing a multi table tournament with a winner take all prize to be used exclusively for WCOOP entries. Depending on the buy in and number of participants we could send the winner to one of the preliminary events or the main event.

Stars sets up private tournies and if we could get 50 people to play at 15 bucks each then that would generate 750 dollars to play in events. The winner would agree to provide a trip report after the tournament. If we run a few of these then the TOONS are sure to be well represented in the tournaments.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Possible 2+2 WCOOP Qualifier

I'd rather have a better chance at winning a seat vs the normal weakies [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Novel idea, but I don't think many people would enjoy competing against good players when they could just as easily play against the bad ones. I'll wait till the main events to play against you guys [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2004, 01:15 AM

To me it wouldn't really be about the money. It would only cost 30 bucks or so to enter if we could get a bunch of people. The fun thing would be the fact that somebody would HAVE to win and would have a cheering section for the WCOOP. I dunno, just a thought.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:38 AM

I'll make a donation.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:55 AM

Sounds cool, I'm in if the buy in is less than 20bucks or so. Obviously, it would be just for fun and for bragging rights(why else would we play against each other). Does it have to be a winner take all tourny though? can't we spread it out to 5 or so places and just recieve tournament bucks or whatever?
Old 06-03-2004, 08:04 AM

Great idea Im in depending on the time of night its played at.....me in Europe [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2004, 08:20 AM

Hi Grifter

Or you could have the winner goes to higher buy-in event and runner-up to a cheaper event, of course depending on numbers entered.

But the winner is going to feel they've already won the bleedin' WCOOP getting through a 2+2 field [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If buy-in is cheap then I'll certainly donate for the fun/experience/lessons but if expensive I'm saving to a satellite I might get a run for my money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

stoneii
Old 06-03-2004, 08:24 AM

The answer to this should be simple,its a great idea so lets all say yes get good numbers together,arrange a list here and a time that suits the majority and go for it.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:39 AM

I'd suggest starting with Tim_Perkin or DrPhysic or Al Capones or Mike's list of entrants to previous 2+2 events and see what numbers come out when everyone has been PM'ed.

Cheers

stoneii
Old 06-03-2004, 08:46 AM

Okay, since there seems to be some interest. Why doesn't everyone put down a time that is good for them, and indicate interest. And I can talk to stars about setting it up far enough in the future so that we can get players.