Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 07:56 AM

Default What\'s your win % ?

Hello everyone,

Two years ago, before I started playing on-line I believed that a "normal" win percentage was about about one hand per lap, or approx 10%.

With over 40,000 hands played on-line, I've been forced to revise that percentage downwards, but haven't kept any records of it.

I now suspect an average win percentage is as low as 7%, quite possibly less.

Some of you have far more experience than me, some of you may have tracked this number and have hard data, so I was wondering what your opinions are?

Thanks,

- roGER
Old 05-13-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: What\'s your win % ?

My average win %age after 6702 hands at TRUEpoker mainly 2-4 and mainly 10 handed is 13%

At 7% you might be missing many opportunities to make more money in the hands dealt to you.

I have flop %age of 35, so I am not missing much! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ToT
Old 05-13-2004, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My average win %age after 6702 hands at TRUEpoker mainly 2-4 and mainly 10 handed is 13%

[/ QUOTE ]
How can someone have such a high win % in they are playing tighter than their opponents?

If you play tighter, you have less opportunity to see a "good" flop on a trash or marginal hand.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:27 AM

Depends.. tight and tight/agressive are 2 entirely different things
Old 05-13-2004, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can someone have such a high win % in they are playing tighter than their opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

At 35% flops seen I hardly play tighter than my average tables, I had showdowns won at 57%.

ToT
Old 05-13-2004, 08:30 AM

Wouldn't your table have to be weak-tight to be able to push people to fold so often?

Maybe 2-4 TruePoker is.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:33 AM

IF all the players stayed in every hand to the river, then it would be all luck, and in the long run each player would win 1 out of 10 hands, or 10%

Now by selectively playing only 'good' cards, and being tight, and not chasing, etc. you manage to lower you win percentage down to 7%???

Might as well play any two -- you will drag 3 more pots every 100 hands!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:37 AM

My numbers are close to the same as Havana's on True.These are based on 2/4 and 3/6 with a few hundred 5/10 thrown in.

Session Games: 14469

Flops Seen: 31%

Showdowns Won: 54%

Games Won: 12%
Old 05-13-2004, 11:11 AM

I believe your win percentage is in direct relationship to your flops seen percentage. The tighter you are preflop, the lower your win percentage will be. My flops seen percentage hovers around 21-22% and my win percentage is always between the 7.5 to 9 percent range. 9 percent is very, very, profitable. These figures are based on a full ring game, mostly $3/$6. To have a higher win percentage a person must play many more hands pre flop. However, just because their win percentage is higher, does not mean they are more profitable.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:17 AM

i haven't tried to work this out before and i was having difficulty in understanding how you could win more than 10% of all hands dealt to you in a ten-handed game unless luck was on your side

however, i realise now that if you see 31% of the flops and go to showdown on 71% of these and win 54% of the showdowns to get your 12% win, it is a living demonstration that aggressive play knocks out players who would have won had they remained in the hand

if you had played passively, even with good starters, it would be highly unlikely that you would win even 10% of all hands, because some of "your" 10% of wins would be folded pre-flop

(of course, having said that, if you win less than 10% of hands dealt to you, but you win good pots, you can still be in profit)