Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 11:09 AM

Default AA deep stack all in PF. And he called????????

Prima 100 NL. I was multi tabling with a 100 NL and a 200 NL. 4 hours of grinding with no hands and up a total of 60 bucks, until this hand came up around 1:30 am. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Prima 100 NL Bunky ($160.00) has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] In LP.

UTG ($120.00) makes it 4 to go. Folded to Bunky who reraises to $16.00 all fold back to UTG, who thinks and makes it 40 to go. Bunky insta pushes all in.

UTG CALLS!

Flop comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG turns over K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Can't believe he called all in PRE flop. I realize it was a pretty standard play on my part, but anybody lay down KK there? I could have I know that.

Made a nice session after all.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: AA deep stack all in PF. And he called????????

My general rule is to never lay down KK preflop online--but then again, I play Party, where the stacks are shallower and the people dumber.

If I were playing 100BB stacks, and I made it 40 to go (which I think is a little too small) and someone still pushed at me, I think I'd give them credit for AA.

The Doc
Old 04-17-2004, 12:06 PM

If you are shocked by that, then you really need to put on your Party hat and join in on the fun.
I hope I never play online poker in a game where I am shocked by that.
BTW I almost never fold KK preflop either, I have just seen too many 99-QQ and AQ-AKs to ever make folding them folding to all in preflop +EV.
FsuPlayer
Old 04-17-2004, 12:16 PM

I've seen you make this call for more money with jacks... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub
Old 04-17-2004, 02:19 PM

I call, expecting to see AA. Can't lay it down preflop.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call, expecting to see AA. Can't lay it down preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement, much like "you cannot fold a set on the flop" is untrue. It is so close to the truth that it will cost you very little money in the long run. But, it is important that we realize that it is not true.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:04 PM

I mean more so online. Just as other people said, they've seen QQ, JJ, AK, and worse online. A majority of the time you will see AA, but enough of the time you will see those other hands you have dominated, which merits a call preflop.

If I have him labelled as a rock or if he has a very low VP$IP, then I would consider folding. But I have yet to fold KK preflop, and don't see how I could unless I know the player or have some stats on him.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: to scrub

You are right. I was pissed off at getting played back at by the LAG at the table, but I have learned A WHOLE BUNCH since then my friend.

But, I didn't call all in, at least I shoved my stack in first. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 01:19 AM

I've only folded KK 4 times preflop each time i was against AA and our stacks were fairly deep. If i don't know the player I pay him off. However there are certain ways a hand is played preflop that make AA fairly obvious if you're against a good solid player. The limp rr is always a warning but some people do it with weaker hands but most have AA or KK most of the time it's done. The other incident is when someone solid raises preflop and u come in for a monster rr and he rr's with a deep stack but enough so you almost have to call instead of moving all in and overbetting the pot with no fear of being reraised. As doyle said CLOSE "If my opponent moves in on me and i have KK I ask myself if he would move in with QQ or worse. If the answer's no I will probally fold." Lastly I cosider how much money your stand to lose or win. The deeper the money the more you need to consider before pushing even with kings. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 01:44 AM

Default Re: to scrub

What is LAG?