Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Pacific Poker Low Limit Insanity

This is my first post! I've been watching these forums for a week or so, and I'd like some input on this absolutely insane hand. Thanks!

Pacific Poker 2/4
10 seated.
I'm MP3. MP4 posts a dead blind, and an extra blind.
I'm dealt AA.

UTG folds UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, I raise, MP4 (poster) calls, CO calls, Button re-raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 limp-caps (terminology?), everyone else calls the capped preflop pot.

Flops is 27K, two suited. I'm thinking against 4 other people in a capped pot that I could be up against KK.

UTG+1 bets, I raise, and everyone calls.

Turn is 2, no help for the flush. UTG+1 bets, I call, MP4 raises, CO folds, button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn is 3, making a flush possible. UTG+1 and I check, MP4 bets, everyone calls.

Pot is 27.25 BB between me, UTG+1, MP4, and Button.

Results in white, below:
<font color="white">
MP4 shows K9s, but not for a flush.
Button mucks.
UTG+1 shows KJo, and I take the pot. </font>
Old 03-31-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Pacific Poker Low Limit Insanity

Welcome to the 2+2 forums. Glad you have decided to join us. You'll find this forum very helpful, and we'll all be looking forward to your contributions.

That being said... You played that hand like a wuss! Get in there and ram and jam that pot. If some one has K-K after that flop they'll most likely let you know with a reraise, because they won't want to give odds to the flush draw. The turn pairs the bottom of the board... raise that! If some played a preflop capped hand with a 2 in it pay 'em (specially in EP or MP). You must ram and jam the flush and it's very possible that one of them is raising their flush draw. Give it right back to 'em. 2 out of 3 times that pot is yours. Bet the rive too. If you get raised you can still call with the pot odds. Play it like the nuts 'till someone puts you in you're place for a hand.

Good luck at the tables.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:45 PM

2 suited on the turn with 4 people. you raise. you've got no reason to think you are behind and you don't want to let a flush draw see the river for only 1 bet damnit.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the help!

I see your point about raising the turn.

However, if I do raise there and then it's 3-bet by anyone, do I cap it, or go into check-call mode on the river? Or fold (which I doubt is the answer)?
Old 04-01-2004, 05:48 AM

I agree with the other poster that you needed to raise that turn. It's not even close in my oppinion. The only way I wouldn't is if you are almost positive a player after you will raise, in which case you can trap the field for 3 bets when it gets back to you. Get it?

Other then that I'd probably bet the river, but it's not the worst decision you've ever made to just check call. Another possible option after that river action is a check-raise when it gets back to you, because I think that if either of the other players hit a flush they would have raised, and mp4 sure didn't play his hand like he had a flush (the turn raise), and I think you ahve the best of it FAR more often then not. Get your money in this pot.