Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 09:13 AM

Default What\'s up with The Poker Club?

Why is it that on any given day/night the site can be entirely dead, except 9 people in a pot limit hold'em game with no NL or lower limit games running?

El Sapo
Old 03-19-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: What\'s up with The Poker Club?

P-R-O-P-S
Old 03-19-2004, 11:19 AM

But why prop in a pot limit game, probably the least popular type around? (Just a guess, but NL and limit are more popular these days)...

The thought occured to me that yeah, they're props, it just didn't make sense why getting a .25/.5 PL game going is better than a 2/4 limit game.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:20 AM

On another TPC note, has anyone cashed out from there yet?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 AM

Props? I think not. It's a tiny site. I like to think of it as my own personal fishbowl. I sit in those PL games all the time. I'm strictly a low limit person so it's great for me. I'd say there are about 30-40 regulars who are there almost everyday. How they stay in business is anybody's guess, but they do reward their players based on rake paid vs. hands played. Thus, the fishiest of the fish end up in the 'players club' I don't know if other sites work this way, but it keeps the loose callers coming back. There are a few sharks as well, check out the 1 on 1 tables. There's always someone sitting in the 10-20 room waiting for some poor sap to sit down.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:04 PM

I play there and I cannot explain really explain it. The pot limit table is where people gather and the players have a herd mentality. From there, it just feeds off itself. Buy why the pot limit table as opposed to no-limit? I don't know. There is also herding at the $1/$2 level, so it isn't just the pot-limit game.

But it is definately not props, just a group of regular players. In fact, they act the opposite of props. They do not start new games, they do not play short-handed. If a table drops below 5 players, it is likely to break up soon.

Sometimes you will see a waiting list when the pot-limit table is full with 3 or 4 people on it. Instead of one of them (or someone) starting a second pot-limit game, they just wait in line until a seat opens up on the full table.

As far as cashing out, I've only withdrawn once. Put in the request late on a Monday night, money was in my Neteller account on Wednesday.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:16 PM

B-O-T-S?
Old 03-19-2004, 03:09 PM

I cashed out my HULA deposit with the $100 bonus a few days ago. It was the fastest cashout I've ever had. The money was in my Neteller account in just a few minutes.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:19 PM

I cashed out my HULA deposit with the $100 bonus a few days ago. It was the fastest cashout I've ever had. The money was in my Neteller account in just a few minutes.

Yeah, I asked b/c there was no automated response and the money seemed to stay in the account. However, I emailed support and the money made it to Neteller this afternoon, so I'm happy.

As for that PL game, who knows.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:10 AM

Nothing is up w/thepokerclub. EVERYTHING is DOWN w/them. I used to play there all the time (10/20 hold-em game/s spread regularly) until they re-negged on over $600k due Poker.com, Inc. & shareholders and froze my log-in/account w/cash remaining because I informed them I would be revealing that fact to the players in the game-chat-boxes.

Why would any self-respecting-player play at a site that can barely be breaking even and has SHOWN THEIR ARSE in re-negging on their obligations. Not just your ordinary arse-showing, IN SEC-FILES!

From the PKER/LPLE-SEC-10-Q-Filing 11/14/2002

"Approximately $613 of the $1139 accounts receivable (net of $271 allowance for bad debts) and long term receivable was due from Antico Holdings for the purchase of a Poker sub-license and Royalty fees."

and remains UNPAID to date.....