Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Fight or Flight

Party $20 multi NL, 970 people down to final 11. I am short stack with T13k, blinds are 8k/4k. 11th pays $175.

I get K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG

Which option do you choose:
a)Fold. Probably lose 12k on the blinds and only have 1k going into the final table, no chance to survive another blind. People are going out fairly often though and I think I can limp to 9th or 10th, paying about 200-250.

b) All in. If I get lucky and double up it gives me a chance to posibly do better than 9th. Huge stacks at the table so no question there will be caller(s).

I chose b. All folded to BB who called with A8, I caught nothing, he did. No complaints here, just curious as to what others might do.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:27 PM

Default my favorite street name: Either Way

Fold and pray for a better blind, or limp your way up into a few dollars more.

K3s all-in is not great but any 2 cards can win....
(you had a 40% chance of winning against the A8 which is about as good as you could expect)

Both flavors are bitter-sweet.
You can't be too far wrong to go for the money. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: my favorite street name: Either Way

In retrospect I think you're probably right. After playing for 5 hours with two party "crashes" in the middle of the tournament it's tough to keep thinking normal !
Old 03-19-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: my favorite street name: Either Way

a suited king is much better than the next hand you can expect to get. The only way your hand can improve is if you get a better king or an Ace or a Pair. If you get a pair then you would rather have a K high if a hand like QJ calls you. All-in is clearly the right movie, unless you need an extra 50 dollars to live, then you fold your blinds.