Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2004, 04:29 AM

Default Just getting lucky?

Ill start this off first by telling you that i was sitting at a table that has a drunk two positions to my right... and he likes to raise raise RAISE!!! no matter what he has (9 out of 10 times he doesn't even look until the river!!!) so naturally 8 out of the 10 players on the table (including me and the drunk) got OVER buttons in this 4/8 w/ kill game that we were playing... so basically we could end up playing 16/32 !!!! anyways read to see how i lost to this guy

i am UTG +2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and i raise it to $8... MP+2 calls my raise and BB (the drunk) makes it $12... i camp it at $16 and MP calls and the drunk sputters can i raise again? (keep in mind that he hasn't even looked at his cards yet!!!)

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] i think that this would have been the best flop that i could imagine!!! the over buttons are not in play yet because MP doesn't have one... so anyways the drunk bets and i raise it to $8 MP folds and the drunk makes it $12... thinking that i can make a lot of money off of this guy i make it $16 and he calls

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this was one of the cards that i didn't want to see even IF the drunk hasn't even looked at his hand yet... he bets (naturally) and i call.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] now i don't know about you but i think that you have to be a little unlucky to not hit on this hand... the drunk bets and STILL hasn't looked at his hand yet... i call him and he mutters " i don't think i can win" as he flips over his KJ off suit and shrugs his shoulders at me as he takes the chips and starts stacking them...

How are you supposed to play against someone that is drunk and plays his hands blind? aggressive or passive?
Old 03-21-2004, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Just getting lucky?

If you were sure he hadn't looked at his cards, you should have raised him on the turn and river.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:48 AM

ah i c tyvm but in this instance he would have capped it on the turn and river if i would have let him and in any other instance too but i agree that with any guy that is playing blind then you should be more agressive against him as opposed to someone that has looked at his hands
Old 03-21-2004, 01:18 PM

but in this instance he would have capped it on the turn and river if i would have let him and in any other instance too

Which is all the more reason to raise it as often as you can. If his random hand has a Jack, so be it. You have several outs to beat a straight, and most of the time he won't have the Jack. I'm pretty weak-tight, but I would have lost a lot of money here. If there's no cap for HU play, I'dve lost a WHOLE lot of money (and then laughed/cried at what a B**** fate can be).

Griff

Old 03-21-2004, 02:11 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Against a guy who hasnt looked, you shouldnt mind him capping the turn. How can you put someone who hasnt looked at his hand, on a hand? The odds are greatly in your favor that you have him beat.

Unless you missed him taking a quick peek...

b